Silver Duration

Old April 10th 07, 05:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Silver Duration

You all will be pleased to know that I got silver duration today. The
old Cherokee II and I were launched just after noon and landed around
suppertime. Lift was strong in central Iowa today. 3-500 fpm was the
norm. My best climb came at about 4:50 PM with a 600 fpm climb up to
8700 MSL, about 7700 AGL. Best altitude ive ever made, and after a
low save at 1200 AGL, my personal record for altitude gain. I never
did make cloud base. They were up there a ways. Looks like as long
as enough of you decide against flying the Region 7 Sports class, Ill
be off the waiting list and ready to fly!

Old April 10th 07, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Apr 9, 10:30 pm, wrote:
You all will be pleased to know that I got silver duration today. The
old Cherokee II and I were launched just after noon and landed around
suppertime. Lift was strong in central Iowa today. 3-500 fpm was the
norm. My best climb came at about 4:50 PM with a 600 fpm climb up to
8700 MSL, about 7700 AGL. Best altitude ive ever made, and after a
low save at 1200 AGL, my personal record for altitude gain. I never
did make cloud base. They were up there a ways. Looks like as long
as enough of you decide against flying the Region 7 Sports class, Ill
be off the waiting list and ready to fly!

alrighty then, good on ya

It was clearly booming in CO today following the weekend snizzle and
snow.

I thought a few buzzards would have gotten away, but at the time of
this writing, zilch on OLC.

Frank Whiteley

Old April 10th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Tony,

Congratulations!!! Well done.

I haven't been soaring in MN yet this season.

Paul Remde

oups.com...

Old April 10th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Schumann

We missed a good day yesterday at Stanton. Unfortunately, the Stanton
towplane wasn't ready yet, and I was told that the MSC tow plane was having
its prop balanced. I was very bummed, as I was ready to go!

Mike Schumann

"Paul Remde" wrote in message
Hi Tony,

Congratulations!!! Well done.

I haven't been soaring in MN yet this season.

Paul Remde

oups.com...

Old April 10th 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

"Paul Remde" wrote in message

Hi Tony,

Congratulations!!! Well done.

I haven't been soaring in MN yet this season.

Paul Remde

wrote in message
roups.com...
You all will be pleased to know that I got silver duration today. The
old Cherokee II and I were launched just after noon and landed around
suppertime. Lift was strong in central Iowa today. 3-500 fpm was the
norm. My best climb came at about 4:50 PM with a 600 fpm climb up to
8700 MSL, about 7700 AGL. Best altitude ive ever made, and after a
low save at 1200 AGL, my personal record for altitude gain. I never
did make cloud base. They were up there a ways. Looks like as long
as enough of you decide against flying the Region 7 Sports class, Ill
be off the waiting list and ready to fly!

that is a bummer Mike. I was luckily able to get a towpilot down
here. Thats often tough to do on a Monday.

Old April 11th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

"Paul Remde" wrote in message

Hi Tony,

Congratulations!!! Well done.

I haven't been soaring in MN yet this season.

Paul Remde

wrote in message
roups.com...
You all will be pleased to know that I got silver duration today. The
old Cherokee II and I were launched just after noon and landed around
suppertime. Lift was strong in central Iowa today. 3-500 fpm was the
norm. My best climb came at about 4:50 PM with a 600 fpm climb up to
8700 MSL, about 7700 AGL. Best altitude ive ever made, and after a
low save at 1200 AGL, my personal record for altitude gain. I never
did make cloud base. They were up there a ways. Looks like as long
as enough of you decide against flying the Region 7 Sports class, Ill
be off the waiting list and ready to fly!

that is a bummer Mike. I was luckily able to get a towpilot down
here. Thats often tough to do on a Monday.

And today its snowing. A fellow club member noted that I am probably
the first person around here to do 5 hr duration before the last snow
of the year...jeesh.