dumb question about Radio comms / opening flight plans

Old April 26th 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default dumb question about Radio comms / opening flight plans

I'm embarrassed to say that I have forgotten something. When I want to
open my flight plan, and I look at the frequencies printed above the
VOR, it says 122.1R 122.4. Does the 'R' refer to what I need to do or
what the Radio operator does? That is, do I send on 122.4 and receive
on 122.1, or the other way around?

I know I can also try 122.2. Under what circumstances do you use one
vs the other?

Tom

Old April 26th 07, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

I'm embarrassed to say that I have forgotten something. When I want to
open my flight plan, and I look at the frequencies printed above the
VOR, it says 122.1R 122.4. Does the 'R' refer to what I need to do or
what the Radio operator does? That is, do I send on 122.4 and receive
on 122.1, or the other way around?

You send, they recieve, on the frequency marked "R". They send, and you
receive, on the VOR frequency associated with the information box. So,
don't forget to set your audio panel to hear your nav, and turn the nav
volume up.

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.
Old April 26th 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ArtP

Since you will be receiving on the VOR, the only thing you can do with
the radio is send.
Old April 26th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 26, 7:45 am, wrote:
I'm embarrassed to say that I have forgotten something. When I want to
open my flight plan, and I look at the frequencies printed above the
VOR, it says 122.1R 122.4. Does the 'R' refer to what I need to do or
what the Radio operator does? That is, do I send on 122.4 and receive
on 122.1, or the other way around?

I know I can also try 122.2. Under what circumstances do you use one
vs the other?

Tom

You can try both ways but I suspect you'll find the answer obvious
once you try

-Robert, CFII

Old April 26th 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
M[_1_]

Other posts have answered question regarding 122.1R. However if 122.4
is also printed above the VOR box, you can use that frequency to talk
to FSS, both send and receive. It means that freq is co-located with
the VOR.

Dumb Question JohnO Rotorcraft 11 December 24th 06 07:46 PM
DUMB ROOKIE QUESTION Travis Beach Soaring 10 November 7th 06 08:28 PM
Heres a dumb question John Huthmaker Piloting 12 March 11th 06 08:44 PM
Dumb Reg question John Gaquin Piloting 67 May 4th 05 04:54 AM
Dumb Transponder Question! John P Owning 2 March 30th 04 01:26 AM