Airbus A380 in Arizona

Old November 20th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Hatunen

Default Airbus A380 in Arizona

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 13:44:55 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

User writes:

Spotted on Interstate 10 about 75 miles east of Tucscon, Arizona, on
the afternoon of 11/17:

A large convoy of trucks guiding an oversized load. The oversized
load appeared to be a fuselage section about 75 feet long, and
significantly larger in diameter than a 747. And the whole package
was labeled "Airbus A380". (Sorry I don't have more detail. It was
my brother who saw this. Briefly. From the opposite lanes of
traffic. And since I work in the commercial aircraft industry he
called me to see if I knew what it was.)

Any idea what this could have been?

Maybe the A380s are being mothballed at Davis-Monthan.

Only if theuy're military. But some commercial jets are
mohtballed at Marana, northwest of Tucson (note spelling of
"Tucson"; we hate "Tuscon").

Old November 20th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Anno v. Heimburg

You are a lying, twisting stummer Kopf

A "silent head"? What's that supposed to be?
Old November 21st 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Tchiowa

John A. Weeks III wrote:
In article ,
Thomas Borchert wrote:

Someone stated the A380 is produced in Europe. You tried to correct
that and said it was produced in France. I corrected that, because it's
wrong. That's all.

Perhaps you are both right depending on what you mean by
"produced". The final assembly is done only in France, but
components and assemblies are produced across Europe.

The statement being discussed was "I thought all the big parts of the
380 were being manufactured in Europe and Great Britain." which is
clearly true. Not final assembly but parts manufacturing. It's taking
place in several countries. And that appears to be the source of their
current problems: different design software in different plants that
was incompatible.

Old November 21st 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Tchiowa

Reef Fish wrote:
John A. Weeks III wrote:
In article ,
Thomas Borchert wrote:

Someone stated the A380 is produced in Europe.

And Borchert said i was wrong in pointing out from the NEWS that a
test flight plane was produced in Toulouse, France.

He said Hamburg, Germany, without a shread of evidence of support.

He is just plain WRONG in making his correction.

Even an IDIOT like him should know that France is in Europe. I was
merely being more precise given the timely report I read in the news
in Hong Kong because the plane landed there!

You tried to correct
that and said it was produced in France. I corrected that, because it's
wrong. That's all.

You are a lying, twisting stummer Kopf

The statement was "I thought all the big parts of the 380 were being
manufactured in Europe and Great Britain." and that is completely true.
The major parts are manufactured all over Europe and then shipped to
France for final assembly.

Pay attention "Bob".

Old November 21st 06, 07:28 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Louis Krupp

Nobody wrote:
snip

Stops in Whales to pick up the wings ...

Make that "Wales." Broughton, to be exact, in North Wales, west of
Chester, on the Saxon side of Wat's Dyke. The wings are built in
Broughton and then shipped elsewhere to be joined with the other bits.

Louis
Old November 21st 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Ulf Kutzner

Tchiowa schrieb:

The statement was "I thought all the big parts of the 380 were being
manufactured in Europe and Great Britain." and that is completely true.

Besides the fact GB belongs to Europe, although not to the Continent and
not to Schengania.

Regards, ULF
Old November 21st 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Reef Fish

Nobody wrote:
Reef Fish wrote:
And Borchert said i was wrong in pointing out from the NEWS that a
test flight plane was produced in Toulouse, France.

He said Hamburg, Germany, without a shread of evidence of support.

Semantics.

You people who took issue with me CITING the South China Post
should write that newspaper for your jollies.

There is nothing semantics about the difference between Toulouse
and Hamburg, or the difference between France and Germany.

The reporter could EASILY have said Hamburg Germany as Toulouse
France -- 14 alphabets each. Or could have said assembled in Germany
and delivered in France.

Neither was said.

I couldn't care LESS if the parts were made in Iraq and assembled in
Iran
and and delivered to France or Germany just to keep Bush from starting
another war. :-)

You are a bunch of pedants who spent too much of time sitting on your
butt typing pedantic and unsurpported trivia on the keyboard.

-- Reef Fish Bob.

Old November 22nd 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Tchiowa

Reef Fish wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Reef Fish wrote:
[...]

5555555555

There was a minor correction to something you posted and you went
ballistic denying it. Turns out you're wrong (you should understand
that feeling quite well by now) and you're screaming about pedantry.

Old November 22nd 06, 09:18 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Reef Fish

Tchiowa wrote:
Reef Fish wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Reef Fish wrote:
[...]

What do you know? The rec.culture.thailand buffoon who used to
get his head clubbed in this group is back with his impertinence again.

What happened to alt.bangkok and alt.culture.thailand where you belong?

The archives are full of your blunders in rec.travel.air.

-- Reef Fish Bob.

Old November 22nd 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc

Reef Fish wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Reef Fish wrote:
And Borchert said i was wrong in pointing out from the NEWS that a
test flight plane was produced in Toulouse, France.

He said Hamburg, Germany, without a shread of evidence of support.

Semantics.

[snip]
There is nothing semantics about the difference between Toulouse
and Hamburg, or the difference between France and Germany.

However, the original exchange went as such:

Any idea what this could have been? I thought all the big parts of
the 380 were being manufactured in Europe and Great Britain.

In France.

The final assembly is done in Toulouse, but the "big parts"
are produced all over Europe (and actually I believe a few
"fairly large" parts are made in the US as well).