Can someone ID this airplane?

Old February 20th 08, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
William Hung[_2_]

Default Can someone ID this airplane?

Can someone ID this airplane?

http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1093439/

No, not the gyro in front of it, the plane behind the gyro with the
twin boon. Three brownie point to the first enthusiast able to ID
this plane.

Thanks,
Wil
Old February 20th 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Charles Vincent

William Hung wrote:
Can someone ID this airplane?

http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1093439/

No, not the gyro in front of it, the plane behind the gyro with the
twin boon. Three brownie point to the first enthusiast able to ID
this plane.

Thanks,
Wil

Sadler Vampire

Charles
Old February 20th 08, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Anyolmouse

"William Hung" wrote in message
| Can someone ID this airplane?
|
| http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1093439/
|
| No, not the gyro in front of it, the plane behind the gyro with the
| twin boon. Three brownie point to the first enthusiast able to ID
| this plane.
|
| Thanks,
| Wil

A search for the photographer produced this:
http://www.abpic.co.uk/search.php?page=1&q=Keith+Sowter
Scroll down to the last picture.

--
Anyolmouse

Old February 20th 08, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Charles Vincent

Anyolmouse wrote:
"William Hung" wrote in message
| Can someone ID this airplane?
|
| http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1093439/
|
| No, not the gyro in front of it, the plane behind the gyro with the
| twin boon. Three brownie point to the first enthusiast able to ID
| this plane.
|
| Thanks,
| Wil

A search for the photographer produced this:
http://www.abpic.co.uk/search.php?page=1&q=Keith+Sowter
Scroll down to the last picture.

Do they have it confused with a Sparrowhawk autogyro?

Charles
Old February 20th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
enewbold[_2_]

The gyro pictured is definitely *not* a Sparrowhawk gyroplane! If
there's a fixed-wing Sparrowhawk, I'd like to know about it and see
what it looks like. That plane behind the Bensen gyro really looks
kinda nice.

Ed in Columbus, OH

Old February 20th 08, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"William Hung" wrote in message
Can someone ID this airplane?

http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1093439/

No, not the gyro in front of it, the plane behind the gyro with the
twin boon. Three brownie point to the first enthusiast able to ID
this plane.

Thanks,
Wil

It appears to be based on a Benson Gyrocopter.

I have no idea what this particular exterior may have been called.

Peter

Old February 20th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Wayne Paul

"enewbold" wrote in message
The gyro pictured is definitely *not* a Sparrowhawk gyroplane! If
there's a fixed-wing Sparrowhawk, I'd like to know about it and see
what it looks like. That plane behind the Bensen gyro really looks
kinda nice.

There is a Sparrowhawk sailplane built by Windward-Performance;
http://www.windward-performance.com/...it=View+Slides
however, it is nothing line the bird in the background of the Bensen gyro
photo.

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

Old February 20th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ed Sullivan

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:37:21 -0500, "Peter Dohm"
wrote:

"William Hung" wrote in message
Can someone ID this airplane?

http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1093439/

No, not the gyro in front of it, the plane behind the gyro with the
twin boon. Three brownie point to the first enthusiast able to ID
this plane.

Thanks,
Wil

It appears to be based on a Benson Gyrocopter.

I have no idea what this particular exterior may have been called.

Peter

I think most of them flunk reading comprehension.
Old February 20th 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Philippe Vessaire

William Hung wrote:

Can someone ID this airplane?

http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1093439/

Sorry, in french, without photo
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aero_Dynamics_Sparrow_Hawk

dead link from homebuilt.org
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~bipe/
Sparrow Hawk Aviation Ltd.
Redesigning and improving the Sparrow Hawk created by Boeing aircraft
designer Chuck Herbst. The Sparrow Hawk is a two seat aircraft with
outstanding visibility.

but no new news....

by
--
Volem rien foutre al païs!
Philippe Vessaire Ò¿Ó¬
Old February 20th 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Charles Vincent

Philippe Vessaire wrote:
William Hung wrote:

Can someone ID this airplane?

http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1093439/

Sorry, in french, without photo
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aero_Dynamics_Sparrow_Hawk

dead link from homebuilt.org
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~bipe/
Sparrow Hawk Aviation Ltd.

Using Professor Peabody's Wayback machine, we get:

http://web.archive.org/web/19990912023834/http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~bipe/

Charles

Whose airplane is it anyway? Ernest Christley Home Built 31 March 29th 07 12:39 AM
Why Buy and Airplane? Jim Burns Owning 7 April 12th 06 05:30 PM
Anyone know of this airplane? soon to be student Owning 9 February 6th 06 11:33 PM
my first airplane ! Ballan Home Built 6 April 29th 04 08:55 PM
The Best Airplane Veeduber Home Built 1 February 13th 04 05:43 AM