When do politicians rate a TFR?

Old August 8th 07, 12:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default When do politicians rate a TFR?

Jeff wrote:
Now, my
C172...ok...they've got 15 minutes to shoot me down before my plane bounces
off the wall and kills no one but me

Remember the kid who flew the 172 into a building in Florida, just after
9/11.

Besides killing himself, I think he messed up somebody's desk.
Old August 8th 07, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 07:39:58 -0400, B A R R Y
wrote in :

Jeff wrote:
Now, my
C172...ok...they've got 15 minutes to shoot me down before my plane bounces
off the wall and kills no one but me

Remember the kid who flew the 172 into a building in Florida, just after
9/11.

Besides killing himself, I think he messed up somebody's desk.

http://www.generalaviationnews.com/e...index&-nothing
For the groups trying to defend general aviation from more
stringent regulations, these and similar actions can be explained
to some degree by citing that the typical general aviation
airplane cannot carry a load large enough to be a danger. But a
Cessna Citation — that's a different story. With a useful load of
more than 7,000 pounds, that size airplane can't be explained away
so easily. ...
Old August 8th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Tabor

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 05:58:46 -0700, Jay Honeck
wrote:

Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any information on precisely
whom is eligible for a TFR. Is this a rule that's written down
anywhere?

TFR's are established when a politician is present who, as a matter of
principle, we prefer not be attacked, but there is reason to believe
someone might find it worthwhile to do so.

Sometimes I suspect we would better let nature take its course, but
then I have my coffee and regain my faith in the democratic process.

Don

Virginia - the only State with a flag rated
"R" for partial nudity and graphic violence.

Question: Standard rate turns, constant rate turns, and airspeed Robert Barker Piloting 5 April 15th 07 04:47 PM
Rate your FBO [email protected] Products 1 November 16th 05 01:47 AM
Rate of climb Dillon Pyron Home Built 3 May 8th 04 01:08 PM
BRS and descent rate Roger Long Piloting 21 May 7th 04 05:34 PM
AIPAC - Buys & Sells Our Politicians torresD Military Aviation 0 May 4th 04 09:04 PM