OLC validation

Old February 25th 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ken Bell

Default OLC validation

Is anybody having trouble with invalid igc files in
OLC? I submitted one last week, no problem. This week
though, same process results in an invalid file.

Hope it's just pre-season sorting out of the software.

Old February 25th 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kilo Charlie

OLC has now gone beyond my "hassle factor" level so I am going to be one of
the casualties of the system. Too bad since it was fun while it lasted.
Maybe a simpler alternative will occur as a result of all the frustration.
A newsgroup dedicated to posting flights?

Casey Lenox
KC
Phoenix

Old February 25th 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Ken Bell wrote:
Is anybody having trouble with invalid igc files in
OLC? I submitted one last week, no problem. This week
though, same process results in an invalid file.

Download the file from the OLC site and check it's validity. If it's
invalid, you may be having the same problem I am.

I've had chronic problems since the 2007 season began. Doug Haluza, OLC,
and SeeYou have now traced it to the IGC file from my Cambridge 302
becoming corrupted by the time it is put on the OLC site and tested.
It's weird: only two characters are changed, you can look at the file
and see the changes, change them back, and the file validates.

It happens to some other 302 owners, not just me. I'm assured they are
working on it. What does appear to work is to do a "direct claim"; at
least, the OLC ends up with an uncorrupted file on their site.
Currently, it appears this direct claim should be the first one, because
previous claims, even though deleted, may cause a new one to be ignored.

By the way, the "direct claim" procedure is far easier than it used to
be, so I don't mind doing it that way until the problem is fixed.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
* "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org
Old February 25th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold

I also have had a problem with SeeYou and my 302 -- I always get the red
mark when I upload using SeeYou.

I have been using the direct upload, which is as easy as SeeYou, but
that process also seems to result in the red mark much of the time. In
fact, all 15 USA flights yesterday have the red mark.

Old March 1st 07, 04:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Haluza

On Feb 25, 11:59 am, Greg Arnold wrote:
I also have had a problem with SeeYou and my 302 -- I always get the red
mark when I upload using SeeYou.

I have been using the direct upload, which is as easy as SeeYou, but
that process also seems to result in the red mark much of the time. In
fact, all 15 USA flights yesterday have the red mark.

There was a problem with C302+ files claimed through SeeYou. The +
sign was getting changed to a space in transmission, and this caused
the file to fail validation. The problem did not happen with direct
claim. Team SeeYou had to use a protocol analyzer to troubleshoot the
problem. They seem to have come up with a fix, and it has worked in
preliminary testing. Hopefully they will be able to roll it out soon.

If you had this problem in the past, we can fix your claims by
uploading the original file and re-running it through the validation
process. This will only work if the file at the server is corrupt. You
can verify this by downloading the IGC file and running the vali-XXX
program from your logger manufacturer to check it. If the file you
download fails, but the file you uploaded passes validation, then we
need to replace the file on the server. Send the good file(s) by email
to an admin with a link to the web page(s) for your flight(s).

There are some lingering problems with validation on the new OLC 2.0
platform. Generally validation is working, but there are some special
cases causing problems. Admins can correct these by manually
validating the claims, but the OLC developers prefer to keep them
flagged so they can test fixes for specific problems with each type of
logger. All of these problems will be cleared as soon as possible. So
don't be discouraged, and keep claiming your flights. As long as the
file on the server is valid, it will get validated once the problems
are addressed.

TSA Alien training/citizenship validation rule Chris Piloting 24 December 31st 04 07:00 PM
Validation problem Ian Cant Soaring 25 December 18th 04 02:51 AM
Rewriting JAR licence into FAA lincence - NOT validation Astrid Piloting 2 February 27th 04 08:35 PM