IFR trip in VMC - 2 Videos

Old April 11th 10, 05:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default IFR trip in VMC - 2 Videos

IFR flight from KMBO to KMEI with ATC COMS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp8dkojCcJQ

Friend and I went to Meridian for breakfast in the above video. 7
minute video includes an aborted take off, enroute was timelapsed and
landing is wing view into KMEI.

IFR flight from KMEI to KMBO with ATC COMS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j2IcUVFWPo

Return flight home from Meridian in the above video. 8 minute video
includes screenshots of flight plan filed via Flight Aware, CRAFT,
airport diagram, take off, enroute timelapsed and landing KMBO. One
also has to "admire" the military hardware that I taxi by on my way to
runway 22 in Meridian *big smile*
Old April 13th 10, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Brian Whatcott

wrote:
IFR flight from KMBO to KMEI with ATC COMS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp8dkojCcJQ

Friend and I went to Meridian for breakfast in the above video. 7
minute video includes an aborted take off, enroute was timelapsed and
landing is wing view into KMEI.

IFR flight from KMEI to KMBO with ATC COMS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j2IcUVFWPo

Return flight home from Meridian in the above video. 8 minute video
includes screenshots of flight plan filed via Flight Aware, CRAFT,
airport diagram, take off, enroute timelapsed and landing KMBO. One
also has to "admire" the military hardware that I taxi by on my way to
runway 22 in Meridian *big smile*

Ha! I looked at your subject, and thought: that reminds me of the trip
back from Corpus Christi today.
I might almost have called it "VFR trip in IMC conditions".

I had taken a trip to Corpus from Oklahoma, arriving Friday evening -
and by Sunday morning, the CAVU conditions had collapsed overnight to
600 ft ceilings in light rain etc, with low ceilings forecast for the
entire week! But I had to be back at work for tomorrow, so today, I
looked for some improvement while reminding myself of lethal
get-home-itis, and around 10 am the ceiling started lifting to broken
1200 ft and higher.

When a clear improvement was showing up in the northern sky, I made it
out thanks to the cooperative Class C controllers, but scattered scud
was still uncomfortably close - so that by Beeville, only 40 miles or so
North, I decided to give it more time to lift, while I went to lunch in
the airport loaner.

When I returned, the Lockheed Wx Brief gave ceilings at progressively
improving values to 10 000ft to the North, if I could make it past the
1500 ft ceilings for 30 minutes, and so it turned out. Despite earlier
forecasts of low ceilings all the way to Oklahoma, the sky went blue and
beautiful with scattered fair weather Cumulus, and I made it home and
dry by this evening, five hours flying, and eight hours later...

Brian W
Old April 13th 10, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting

On Apr 12, 9:30*pm, brian whatcott wrote:

. Despite earlier
forecasts of low ceilings all the way to Oklahoma, the sky went blue and
beautiful with scattered fair weather Cumulus, and I made it home and
dry by this evening, five hours flying, and eight hours later...

Beats driviing Brian, that is for sure!

Best kind of outcome when the weather turns out better then
forecasted :-) Easier workload for sure and plus the view is
priceless!
Old April 13th 10, 08:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

Default SPAM