Parachute needed

Old January 17th 20, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Parachute needed

On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 5:33:13 PM UTC-8, Colten Coughlin wrote:
Greetings! I have been trying to locate a used parachute, if you happen to know anybody that has one for sale or that you have one for sale, if you could let me know that would be amazing thank you!

Welcome to RAS!
Old January 17th 20, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 9:18:10 PM UTC-6, Craig Funston wrote:

Colton, I've got a couple chutes more than I need. One well past 20 years old and one nearing 20 years old. The challenge is finding a rigger who will work with you on these. They've been well cared for, but age is age. You can find my contact info on the SSA website or ask Steve Leonard how to reach me.

Cheers,
Craig Funston
JN / 7Q

Or, ask about any of the 4 excess chutes I have. But, you might get something a bit newer with the cast to R.A.S. Do any of your chutes come with a Nimbus 3, Craig? I am sure Colten will be looking for an upgrade after a season or two in his 1-26. :-)

Steve Leonard
Old January 17th 20, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 5:33:13 PM UTC-8, Colten Coughlin wrote:
Greetings! I have been trying to locate a used parachute, if you happen to know anybody that has one for sale or that you have one for sale, if you could let me know that would be amazing thank you!

Colten,

There is a 'chute for sale in Colorado, listed on Wings&Wheels under Misc.
Old January 17th 20, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

On Friday, January 17, 2020 at 7:54:22 AM UTC-8, Steve Leonard wrote:
On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 9:18:10 PM UTC-6, Craig Funston wrote:

Colton, I've got a couple chutes more than I need. One well past 20 years old and one nearing 20 years old. The challenge is finding a rigger who will work with you on these. They've been well cared for, but age is age. You can find my contact info on the SSA website or ask Steve Leonard how to reach me.

Cheers,
Craig Funston
JN / 7Q

Or, ask about any of the 4 excess chutes I have. But, you might get something a bit newer with the cast to R.A.S. Do any of your chutes come with a Nimbus 3, Craig? I am sure Colten will be looking for an upgrade after a season or two in his 1-26. :-)

Steve Leonard

Steve, if Colton wants the Nimbus 3, I'll make sure he has a chute.

Craig
Old January 18th 20, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

I have a Strong parachute you’re welcome to have.
Old January 19th 20, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Colten Coughlin

Wow thank you so much! can you possibly send me some info on it (age etc.)? my email is
Old January 19th 20, 07:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

I just sent you an email Colten
Old January 20th 20, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Once Colten find a chute, I may be in the market for a used parachute up to 10 years old. I just found my chute is out of commission due to mold after it got soaked wet due to ballast leak into the cockpit a year ago. I wasn’t planning on spending on a new chute this year. I checked Silver’s web site and W&W but didn’t find a suitable one.
If you have a used chute in great condition (not the chair style) good for 200 pounds which you no longer need please email me.

Ramy (California)
Old February 12th 20, 06:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

I just sent Colten my old parachute. Nice to see young people getting into the sport!
Old February 12th 20, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjac

On Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 9:36:33 PM UTC-8, Charles Longley wrote:
I just sent Colten my old parachute. Nice to see young people getting into the sport!

That's awesome!

Parachute ASM Soaring 0 December 7th 18 08:52 PM
WTB parachute [email protected] Soaring 0 December 28th 14 09:46 PM
Parachute FS [email protected] Soaring 2 December 19th 13 02:17 AM
Old Parachute Dan Marotta Soaring 9 March 3rd 11 05:51 PM
parachute needed VO Aerobatics 1 November 25th 03 01:35 AM