Bob R email address

Old January 4th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Stockton

Default Bob R email address

From: "BobR"
Subject: removing old, dried, masking tape
Date: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 7:39 PM

I have tried both Acetone and MEK in the past and eventually was able
to get the tape off but neither worked half as well as the Goo-B-Gone.
Both can also be destructive to paint or certain other components. I
was very surprised at how well the Goo-B-Gone was able to soften the
adhesive without having to work at it. Doesn't smell as bad a Acetone
or MEK either.

Bob Martin wrote:
Roger wrote:
On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:36:10 -0500, Michael Horowitz
wrote:

Someone used masking tape many years ago to cover some screwheads on
my leading edge. Pulling it off only gives me strips of masking tape.

Any suggestions on how to remove this stuff? - Mike

I've used both Acetone and Mineral Spirits to remove the old, dried
adhesive. It takes a bit of elbow grease too. 100 MPH tape is worse
than masking tape.

MEK should take it off... but you might need an old toothbrush at some

point too..

Bob
mail me your email address to jstockton4 at houston dot rr dot com as your
address from the group wouldnt work.
Jim Stockton

Old January 4th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

Jim,

Done...Did you get a kickback on the email address or just no response?
The address should be valid but I don't use it because of the huge
amount of spam hitting it and I rarely empty the box.

Bob

Shelds up! John Home Built 27 January 29th 06 12:13 AM
21st Century E-Business Money Making Formula NeoTycoon Owning 0 January 18th 05 08:28 PM
Does anyone get any spam emails in this news group? Peter Piloting 10 May 8th 04 08:52 PM
Chris O'Callahan I lost your email address John Shelton Soaring 1 January 12th 04 12:07 AM
email attack Richard Lamb Home Built 21 September 29th 03 06:39 AM