(Australia) L-13 Blanik Llewllyn Mod dwg

Old September 1st 10, 06:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mike malis

Default (Australia) L-13 Blanik Llewllyn Mod dwg

Does anyone in OZ have a copy of the dwg or STC that makes an L-13
into an L-13A1 with a 12000 hr life?

It is hard copy from the 70's, I am hoping someone will scan it in and
post it somewhere.

Dwg is called 78-E-1, invoked per AU STC 96.1

TIA;

aerodyne
Old September 1st 10, 06:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bernie[_4_]

Mike,

the GFA has just a day or so back moved to a new website ,it contains
this page:

http://www.gfa.org.au/imis15/GFA/Air...2-cc154463ba5a

but the link at the bottom seems to go nowhere. Try poking around
there, or contact them directly.

Regards, Bernie.
Old September 1st 10, 06:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bernie[_4_]

http://2009.gfa.org.au/Docs/ADs/gfa%...0issue%201.pdf

might help? See drawings at the bottom.
Old September 1st 10, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Aug 31, 10:33*pm, mike malis wrote:
Does anyone in OZ have a copy of the dwg or STC that makes an L-13
into an L-13A1 with a 12000 hr life?

Mike, according to the current schedule, the former Australian
sailplane airworthiness authority John Ashford will be at the ESA
Western Workshop in Tehachapi next weekend. I've emailed him on this
topic previously, and I have it in mind to see if I can talk with him
further at the workshop. If you can make it to this workshop, it might
be your best opportunity to learn what there is to be known about the
A1 mod and how applicable it might be to the current L13 situation.

Thanks, Bob K.
Old September 1st 10, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Those links don't work, and the sketch shows the affected area, not
the Mod. I do research for a living.

I need to find someone who has the hard copy of the Mod Dwg as
requested.

I already tried to contact ALL the registered A1 blanik owners in OZ.
Only one has a valid email.

I tried to get John's Ashfords number or contact info, that has not
been sent yet.

I submitted a plea for help to the workshop, to make this a special
topic, was denied. I will be there both days anyway. Hope to see a
few Blanik folks there at least.

Taking vacation this week so I can do more research. We have a real
time X ray here at my work, I am on my way there now.

Aerodine

Old September 1st 10, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On the [Aus-Soaring] newsgroup, there is a lot of talk of the Blanik
ADs. It seems like all the VH-registered L13s are grounded. Perhaps
the few which (can you believe) have low time already received their
"get out of jail free" card. Meanwhile more than a few clubs are
scrambling to get replacement trainers while their Blaniks are down.
Jim
Old September 3rd 10, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bernie[_4_]

I'm surprised your research skills didn't lead you to this:

http://www.australianglidingmuseum.o...arers&Itemid=8

and then to;

http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/resS...=bacchus+marsh
Old September 3rd 10, 05:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bernie[_4_]

Also you might try Mike Burns at Tocumwal, his contact details are on
the GFA web site.
Old September 6th 10, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Sep 1, 9:44*am, wrote:

I tried to get John's Ashfords number or contact info, that has not
been sent yet.

Mike, I'm sorry I missed you at Tehachapi. I was hoping to talk with
you about the Blanik situation.

I find John Ashford this morning, and verified that that you did talk
with him about the Llewellyn modification. Unfortunately, as you know,
the situation there looks bleak; nobody seems to know where the
tooling is. It might be that the only prospect would be to reverse-
engineer the mod from an example.

Thanks, Bob K.

Blanik L-23 Super Blanik Manual -F.C.F.S. Joel Flamenbaum Soaring 2 April 14th 10 03:29 PM
Blanik L-13 AD [email protected] Soaring 7 February 3rd 08 08:01 AM
Blanik L-13 brien Soaring 0 December 5th 04 02:00 PM
Blanik L-23 Duane Eisenbeiss Soaring 8 April 27th 04 05:53 AM
WTB Blanik L13 mike fadden Soaring 2 August 8th 03 04:30 AM