Low Level Slideshow - 1 attachment (01/66)

Old April 11th 09, 12:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Herman

Default Low Level Slideshow - 1 attachment (01/66)

"RustY ©" schreef in bericht

"David" wrote in message

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 09:38:36 +0100, RustY © wrote:

This slideshow was assembled using a program called Proshow Gold. It is
primarily designed for commercial use and does not allow you to copy the
photos. To achieve this, and to work on any computer, it has to be an
executable program (exe).

I can quite happily (if that is a word you would use in the same phrase
as M$) download .exe files using my mail reader, but I can not run
(execute) .exe files because my OS is not of the M$ variety (I use a
Linux variant called Kubuntu). It is nothing to do with the abilities of
my browser. I take issue with your "and to work on any computer, it has
to be an executable program (exe)". That is just not so.

Sorry David, you are of course correct. When talking of 'computers' I was
thinking only of pc compatibles. I do realise that you can not run an exe
file on your linux OS. Apples are the same but often come with pc
emulators to overcome this problem - could you not download one from
somewhere? In any event you have not missed anything as all of these
picture [without the soundtrack] were posted here on 23/2/09 as 'Friday
Eagles' and are still available on my newsserver.

Rusty,

You remain remarkably polite considering the abrasive reactions by David to
your posts. Honours to you.

Regards,

Herman

ID please - 1 attachment Klem Aviation Photos 3 November 8th 08 03:26 AM
Fosset wreckage recovery slideshow Frank[_1_] Soaring 1 October 10th 08 04:22 AM
US - V-22 One - Evansville, IN 06-30-08 - 1 attachment (1/2) Harry[_3_] Aviation Photos 0 July 2nd 08 08:43 PM
Link to a slideshow AJ Piloting 3 November 18th 06 08:21 AM
Deicing slideshow ellx_lux General Aviation 0 February 21st 06 08:16 PM