ID Please

Old June 28th 09, 09:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

Default ID Please

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 01:18:27 +1200, "Michael"
wrote:

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 19:26:51 +1200, "Michael"
wrote:

Could someone ID these aircraft please. Sorry about size of pictures. TIA

Michael

These are LP-2J Neptunes operated by Antarctic Development Squadron
Six (VXE-6).

Image 1536 also shows a C-54Q and C-121J operated by the same folks.

More on VXE-6 - http://www.vaq34.com/vxe6/vxe6aircraft.htm

Neat stuff!

Bob ^,,^

Thanks Bob, Thats exactly what they will be. They were taken at Harewood
Airport, (Now Christchurch International Airport) Christchurch, New Zealand
probably in the late 50's early 60's. Operation Deep Freeze ran from that
field. A friend sent them to me along with some pictures of a Connie and a
couple of Globemasters. I might see if I can get the originals off him and
clean them up and do some new scans

Michael

Oh golly, please do! This stuff is from my favorite period in
military aviation - the Age of Day-Glo!

Drool...
Old June 28th 09, 09:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 02:10:13 +1200, "Michael"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

Could someone ID these aircraft please. Sorry about size of pictures. TIA

Michael

These are LP-2J Neptunes operated by Antarctic Development Squadron
Six (VXE-6).

Image 1536 also shows a C-54Q and C-121J operated by the same folks.

More on VXE-6 - http://www.vaq34.com/vxe6/vxe6aircraft.htm

Neat stuff!

Bob ^,,^

Thanks Bob, Thats exactly what they will be. They were taken at Harewood
Airport, (Now Christchurch International Airport) Christchurch, New
Zealand probably in the late 50's early 60's. Operation Deep Freeze ran
from that field. A friend sent them to me along with some pictures of a
Connie and a couple of Globemasters. I might see if I can get the
originals off him and clean them up and do some new scans

Michael

OOps, I meant Hercs not Globemasters Bob.

Well, you have a Cargomaster in there - the C-133.

Did I mention 'drool'?
Old June 28th 09, 09:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

Default ID Please - Centerfold.jpg

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 09:51:55 +0100, Alan Dicey
wrote:

Lockheed Neptune.

Try using a soft bristle brush on your slides before scanning :-) I
know my scanner picks up every little cat-hair and dust speck even when
I think the slide is clean. Oh, and I have to make sure the scanner
glass is clean too :-)

Oh - then you don't need another cat-hair producer, then... guess
I'll keep her. ;^}

(She's practicing to be a hangar queen if I ever get an airplane.)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Centerfold.jpg
Views:	43