It appears §61.55 has changed for 2007.

Old December 21st 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default It appears §61.55 has changed for 2007.

It appears §61.55 has changed for 2007.

---------------

§ 61.55 Second-in-command qualifications.

(a) A person may serve as a second-in-command of an aircraft type
certificated for more than one required pilot flight crewmember or in
operations requiring a second-in-command pilot flight crewmember only
if that person holds:

(1) At least a current private pilot certificate with the appropriate
category and class rating; and

(2) An instrument rating or privilege that applies to the aircraft
being flown if the flight is under IFR;

---------------

What is the significance of "rating or privilege" ?

Thanks in advance,
ak.

Old December 21st 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Natalie

wrote:
\
---------------

What is the significance of "rating or privilege" ?

ATPs don't have instrument ratings, just the privilege
inherent in their certificate.
Old December 21st 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Bob Moore

(2) An instrument rating or privilege that applies to the aircraft
being flown if the flight is under IFR;
---------------
What is the significance of "rating or privilege" ?

I don't have an "Instrument Rating", but my ATP gives me
"Instrument Privileges".

Bob Moore
ATP B-707 B-727 L-188
PanAm (retired)
Old December 21st 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
RST Engineering

Default Lockheed ELectra (was 61.55)

You are one of the few people I know still around with an Electra type
rating. I wrenched my way through college on that tin whore. Also on the
3-holer, but that was a much nicer airplane.

Jim

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
46.128...

Bob Moore
ATP B-707 B-727 L-188
PanAm (retired)

Old December 22nd 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Bob Moore

"RST Engineering" wrote
You are one of the few people I know still around with an Electra type
rating. I wrenched my way through college on that tin whore. Also on
the 3-holer, but that was a much nicer airplane.

Yeah....I flew the Navy P-3 Orion for a couple of years ('65-'67) and
then some real old ex-Eastern crap while at Air Florida ('72-'73).

Bob
Old December 22nd 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
RST Engineering

PSA had four of 'em. Three from the factory and one picked up from the
Brooklyn/LosAngeles Dodgers when they bought a real airplane. I wasn't
around quite yet, but the word around the company is that Fish used one of
them trying to figure out why the wings were coming off (whirl mode).

I **was** around in '66 when we did a 10k inspection on one of them and the
spar under the forward biffy could be peeled away with a knife like a banana
from **** juice leaking onto it.

Jim

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
46.128...
"RST Engineering" wrote

Old December 22nd 06, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Roger[_4_]

On 22 Dec 2006 00:15:45 GMT, Bob Moore
wrote:

"RST Engineering" wrote
You are one of the few people I know still around with an Electra type
rating. I wrenched my way through college on that tin whore. Also on
the 3-holer, but that was a much nicer airplane.

Yeah....I flew the Navy P-3 Orion for a couple of years ('65-'67) and

I've probably asked you this before Bob, but did you fly the P-3 out
of Willow Grove?

then some real old ex-Eastern crap while at Air Florida ('72-'73).

Bob

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old December 23rd 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Bob Moore

Roger wrote
I've probably asked you this before Bob, but did you fly the P-3 out
of Willow Grove?

Nope....Moffet Field, CA, Naha, Okinawa and Utapao, Thailand.

Bob Moore
VP-46
Combat Aircrew Ten