Step climbs

Old February 27th 07, 10:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default Step climbs

What is an (ICAO) step climb?

Old February 27th 07, 12:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Judah

Mxsmanic wrote in
news
What is an (ICAO) step climb?

Check the Sim Groups, the answer is the

http://tinyurl.com/373ecy
Old February 27th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Kingfish

On Feb 27, 7:56 am, Judah wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote innews
What is an (ICAO) step climb?

Check the Sim Groups, the answer is the

http://tinyurl.com/373ecy

Google works pretty well too

Old February 27th 07, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
A Guy Called Tyketto

Old February 27th 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Judah writes:

Check the Sim Groups, the answer is the

http://tinyurl.com/373ecy

Thanks! The explanation of Concorde operations is particularly interesting.
I guess there are more airline pilots on the sim groups. I can see why
tin-can pilots wouldn't know anything about step climbs.

Old February 27th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Kingfish

On Feb 27, 4:22 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Judah writes:
Check the Sim Groups, the answer is the

http://tinyurl.com/373ecy

Thanks! The explanation of Concorde operations is particularly interesting.
I guess there are more airline pilots on the sim groups. I can see why
tin-can pilots wouldn't know anything about step climbs.

And, by default, sim-only pilots would know even less?

Old February 27th 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
BDS[_2_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote

Thanks! The explanation of Concorde operations is particularly

interesting.
I guess there are more airline pilots on the sim groups. I can see why
tin-can pilots wouldn't know anything about step climbs.

Fer cryin' out loud, it's "spam can" you knucklehead!

Reminds me of a guy at work who always says "it's a tough road to hoe".

BDS

Old February 27th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Kingfish writes:

And, by default, sim-only pilots would know even less?

No. The people who know most about flying jet airliners are the pilots of
those airliners. But sim pilots of jet airliners are likely to know a lot
more about them than real-world pilots who fly only tin cans. Airliners are a
whole different world, and it is clear that many pilots here have never gone
anywhere near that world. Some of their comments about flying reveal how
little they know about other types of flying besides their own.

In many respects, a PC simulator is closer to a real airliner than a small GA
aircraft is. Someone who is familiar only with the latter is thus at a
disadvantage when it comes to discussing many aspects of flying large
aircraft.

And the reason for more airline pilots simming is easy enough to understand.
Pilots of large airliners naturally tend to enjoy flying them, but they can't
possibly afford to buy one of their own. So a good compromise is to use a
simulator. If they need the wind in their hair, they can fly a tin can, but
if they want to enjoy the procedural and other aspects of flying an airliner,
they don't have much choice other than simulation. The best simulations on a
PC, though, are now pretty good, better than many here seem to realize. This
is especially true if you are not a thrillseeker and you don't need the wind
in your hair or the threat of death to be happy. (I certainly hope that there
aren't too many airline pilots who fly because they are afraid of dying!)

Old February 27th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

BDS writes:

Fer cryin' out loud, it's "spam can" you knucklehead!

Spam can, tin can ... whatever. Any aircraft that you can tow by hand.

Old February 27th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Rip

Mxsmanic wrote:
BDS writes:

Fer cryin' out loud, it's "spam can" you knucklehead!

Spam can, tin can ... whatever. Any aircraft that you can tow by hand.

Anthony, you're so clueless that you can't even use a mild insult
correctly.

Diana-2 : next step Yurek Soaring 7 June 20th 05 07:29 PM
Flying on the step? [email protected] Piloting 30 November 3rd 04 01:06 AM
Step-up Planning O. Sami Saydjari Owning 24 October 4th 04 04:04 AM
Climbs, Descents, and Approaches pdxflyer Aviation Marketplace 0 March 7th 04 01:37 AM
Climbs and Descents pdxflyer Piloting 0 March 1st 04 07:17 AM