Phantom flights?

Old November 15th 16, 05:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Phantom flights?

I'm not the OLC police, but these flights are extremely odd. Taking off with an ASH-25 from Lost River Resort, even with a 260 Pawnee would be sketchy. Self launch is out of the question. (Especially when the airfield is covered with snow) Also, None of the N numbers on this fellow's stable of gliders exist. The anomalous logger fault reports further bring the flights into question. Are people logging Condor flights on OLC?
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...=57815&sp=2016

A couple of curious flights here as well. Especially the ASW-20 flight.
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...htId=983686453

Anyway, maybe somebody can shed some light on these seemingly questionable flights? I love a good mystery....

Greetings from rainy NW Washington State.

Ron Clark
LS-3
77

Old November 15th 16, 12:56 PM
Josh Fletcher Josh Fletcher is offline
Junior Member

I am not saying they are real flights, but Condor does not have an ASH25 or ASW20 in its aircraft packs.

Josh

Old November 15th 16, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

[...]

ok, so i watched the ASW 20 flight and i think i agree. no one would fly like that. this is either fake, or this person has huge cajones and a death wish. even so, some parts of the trace seem unusual as far as being able to just maintain altitude like that.
Old November 15th 16, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Reinholt

And the 20's N number has been registered to a Cirrus SR22 for many years...
Old November 15th 16, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WAVEGURU

Yes Ron, it's weird that none of the N numbers are real. He posts comments like they are real flights. But what is real and what is fake these days? Facts and reality don't seem to matter anymore, eh? Does anybody know this Alex Krauss? I am not able to find him on Facebook and he's not a SSA member....

Boggs
SSA #22707
https://www.facebook.com/NWSkysports?ref=hl#
Old November 15th 16, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WAVEGURU

His standard Libelle is a Lake LA-4.

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...umbertxt=7632l

Boggs
Old November 15th 16, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Wow! Not on Facebook, therefore he can't exist. Wait... I must not
exist, either...

--
Dan, 5J
Old November 15th 16, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Also, Lost River airport has a published width of 85 feet. Same width as the ASH-25's span. It is extremely unlikely these flights ever happened.

Alex should find some other way to entertain himself.

RC

Old November 15th 16, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

I used to fly a Nimbus 4 off a 60 foot wide runway. Your statement assumes much without a logical conclusion.

On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 10:45:24 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Also, Lost River airport has a published width of 85 feet. Same width as the ASH-25's span. It is extremely unlikely these flights ever happened.

Alex should find some other way to entertain himself.

RC

"Phantom Flights, Bangkok Nights" leckie1uk Military Aviation 0 September 25th 12 07:45 PM
Phantom Canuck[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 September 3rd 08 03:38 PM
Challenge: F-4 Phantom - "Phantom.jpg" (1/1) 117.1 kBytes yEnc Sam Shady Aviation Photos 0 August 5th 07 07:20 AM
Challenge: F-4 Phantom - "Phantom.jpg" (0/1) 117.1 kBytes yEnc Sam Shady Aviation Photos 0 August 5th 07 07:20 AM
uk phantom BILL Aviation Photos 0 April 22nd 07 12:12 AM