RAH newsgroup

Old January 20th 05, 01:21 AM

Default RAH newsgroup

I know Google says their groups site is easier to use since they
revamped it, so I guess I'm missing something. The only way I can find
RAH now is because I had a shortcut to it from before the time of the
"improvement." When I look up alt.rec, there is no subcategory called
"alt.rec.aviation., much less "homebuilt." What am I doing wrong?

Neal

Old January 20th 05, 01:51 AM

Thanks,Grey, but if you didn't already know about RAH, how would a
newbie know to type in rec.aviation,homebuilt? I originally found this
group by browsing. From what I see, you could never find RAH just by
looking around like before. Maybe I'm wrong. Thanks for the reply.
Neal

Old January 20th 05, 03:46 AM
Colin W Kingsbury

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks,Grey, but if you didn't already know about RAH, how would a
newbie know to type in rec.aviation,homebuilt? I originally found this
group by browsing. From what I see, you could never find RAH just by
looking around like before. Maybe I'm wrong. Thanks for the reply.
Neal

No, I agree 100%. I'm amazed at how completely they bungled what seemed like
a simple service. Time to short the stock I suppose.

-cwk.

Old January 20th 05, 05:26 AM
Greybeard

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 03:46:32 GMT, "Colin W Kingsbury"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Thanks,Grey, but if you didn't already know about RAH, how would a
newbie know to type in rec.aviation,homebuilt? I originally found this
group by browsing. From what I see, you could never find RAH just by
looking around like before. Maybe I'm wrong. Thanks for the reply.
Neal

No, I agree 100%. I'm amazed at how completely they bungled what seemed like
a simple service. Time to short the stock I suppose.

Google is sorta thoroughly screwed. I stopped using it when this so
called beta came up. Had to break down and get a real news server, I
can even get the binary groups. (alt. binaries.sounds.midi for the
wise asses that are going to have comments.)

Greybeard
Old January 20th 05, 05:51 AM

Greybeard wrote:

Google is sorta thoroughly screwed. I stopped using it when this so
called beta came up.

Agree. They are following what has become a classic pattern in the
computer industry... 'improving' themselves right out of business :-)
-R.S.Hoover

Pinckneyville Pix pacplyer Home Built 40 March 23rd 08 05:31 PM
Newsgroup problem Morgans Home Built 21 December 9th 04 02:30 AM
Garmin Price Fixing Post from other newsgroup TripodBill Home Built 17 August 4th 04 10:42 AM
MORE New Pix of Newsgroup folks & their planes! Jay Honeck Home Built 3 December 6th 03 09:43 PM
ZZZooommm rant latest Kyle Boatright Home Built 181 September 19th 03 03:30 AM