Continental Airlines Complaint - A Newspaper article

Old October 9th 03, 03:07 PM
Ron Natalie

"Sr." wrote in message .. .
You paid $600 for your flight, not for the right to be rude!

TWO MANY PEOPLE R RUDE JUST TOO BEA RUDE...RUDENESSITY & IGNORANCE WALK HAND
IN HAND IF YOU'LL WATCH...CANNOT STAND RUDE PEOPLE....THEY SUCK...
=TR0UT=

Well, this seems to be a pinnacle of etiquette.

What I said is that the person performing a service is held to a higher standard, not that
the customer has a right to be rude. The fact that another party is rude is not an excuse
for rudeness on the part of the other.

Old October 9th 03, 03:19 PM
shane wheeler

If you can't tell, I'd have to refer you back to your mother (or whomever
else was responsible for your upbringing) for some training in manners.

Shane, London

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...

"shane wheeler" wrote in message

Do you really mean *Bitching* or complaining??? I would say there is a

vast
difference, one being acceptable, and the not.

Really? Which one is witch?

---

Old October 9th 03, 03:25 PM
Ron Natalie

"shane wheeler" wrote in message ...
If you can't tell, I'd have to refer you back to your mother (or whomever
else was responsible for your upbringing) for some training in manners.

My mother doesn't know, and neither do half a dozen dictionaries I have
consulted. They all define bitch as a slang word for complaining.

Old October 9th 03, 04:55 PM
shane wheeler

If you need to consult a dictionary for an explanation of acceptable
manners, something is wrong.

Whatever manners are, they are not something with a fixed definition.

Your action of trying to learn manners from an inanimate object such as a
dictionary, or rather "half a dozen dictionaries", says much about you, and
suggests something of an inability in relating to your peers, which may, in
turn, be the result of how you behave around them, otherwise known as, your
manners (or more precisely, lack thereof).

If neither you nor your mother can tell the difference between *bitching*
and complaining, and your relationships with your peers are as apparently
non-existent as they appear to be, I'm not really sure what to suggest.
Other, that is, than not complaining to anyone, just in case you get it
wrong.

Good luck in life. I strongly suspect you'll need it.

Old October 9th 03, 05:46 PM
Ron Natalie

"shane wheeler" wrote in message ...
If you need to consult a dictionary for an explanation of acceptable
manners, something is wrong

I didn't consult a dictionary to get a read on manners. I went there to see what
distinguished the word "complaint" from "bitch." Other than the latter being slang,
they are synonyms in the context in which they were originally used. It is you who
seem to have a problem understanding both etiquette and Englilsh.

Old October 9th 03, 06:52 PM
shane wheeler

snip
It is you who
seem to have a problem understanding both etiquette and English.

snip

Possibly so.

Though I doubt that someone who cannot distinguish *bitching* about
something, and complaining about something, and who believes the difference
between these two very different actions can be defined by entries in a
dictionary (or 6), has any grasp of etiquette themselves, or is in a
position to teach me.

Though, I have to concede, your prolific use of dictionaries may place you
in a better position than me with regards to the English language.

Regards

Old October 9th 03, 06:55 PM
shane wheeler

I forgot to add: You mis-spelt English.

I find this surprising with so many dictionaries at your disposal.

Old October 9th 03, 07:20 PM
Peter Duniho

"shane wheeler" wrote in message
I forgot to add: You mis-spelt English.

I find this surprising with so many dictionaries at your disposal.

Ahh yes, last refuge of the man without a point. Attack the typos.

Old October 9th 03, 07:47 PM
shane wheeler

If you read the mail previous to the one you've replied to, you'll see I
made my points there.

Typically I wouldn't "Attack the typos" since I make far too many mistakes
myself. However, given the direct relevance to the content of this
discussion, and the specific word mis-spelt, I felt this one time, that it
was worth mention.

Shane, London