Thanks to all -- the last aviation theme suite is finally DONE

Old April 11th 09, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Thanks to all -- the last aviation theme suite is finally DONE

Search yourself from Google, and be sure you take advantage of all the
free stuff Google allows.

I do, every day.

Google is another part of the internet that is going down hill, in my
opinion. It used to be that (for example) searching for "Iowa City Hotels"
brought up hotels that were actually in Iowa City. Imagine that?

Now, Google is taking money from the McHotel chains to gain higher placement
in even that simple kind of search. Go Google "Iowa City hotels" and see
how many hotels pop up that aren't even located in Iowa City! It's all a
sham.

Yahoo still works the way a search engine should, BTW. As a result, I use
it when I really want honest results.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 11th 09, 02:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

I'm not a big traveler anymore. My employer has one office and that's
where I work.

You and many others, I'm afraid. Business travel has dropped 40% since the
election. Our Monday-Friday "bread & butter" business is way, way down
from last year.

Right now, every hotelier is in a holding pattern, trying to survive and
waiting for business to improve. (Or, conversely, waiting for the
competition to fold.)

Luckily, our unique blend of "getaway weekend", corporate extended stay, and
aviation theme suites gives us a three legged stool to sit on that many
hotels don't have. (For example: Extended Stay Suites -- or whatever they
call themselves now, is in Chapter 11. This is a good example of putting
all your eggs in one economic basket...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 11th 09, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tim[_7_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Search yourself from Google, and be sure you take advantage of all the
free stuff Google allows.

I do, every day.

Google is another part of the internet that is going down hill, in my
opinion. It used to be that (for example) searching for "Iowa City
Hotels" brought up hotels that were actually in Iowa City. Imagine that?

Now, Google is taking money from the McHotel chains to gain higher
placement in even that simple kind of search. Go Google "Iowa City
hotels" and see how many hotels pop up that aren't even located in Iowa
City! It's all a sham.

Yahoo still works the way a search engine should, BTW. As a result, I use
it when I really want honest results.

How YOU search is not important.

Old April 12th 09, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

Someone who has not the foggiest idea of the concept of "snip" is not to be
given credence when criticizing anything.

Jim

--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."

"Mike Ash" wrote in message
In article ,
"Peter Dohm" wrote:

"Mike Ash" wrote in message

.com...

I perfectly sympathize and agree with the desire to keep the site simple
and fast. But that doesn't mean it has to keep its current dated look.

Old April 12th 09, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Ash

In article ,
"RST Engineering" wrote:

Someone who has not the foggiest idea of the concept of "snip" is not to be
given credence when criticizing anything.

And where do top posters stand in your little pantheon?

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth
Old April 13th 09, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

"SF" == Steve Foley writes:

SF Sure enough, when I checked in, she asked for my gubmint ID. I
SF handed her my PP-SEL and said nothing. She glanced at it, saw
SF the hologram and UNITED STATES OF AMERICA across the top, and
SF handed it back, again, saying nothing.

I don't think they much care about the ID, they give "discounts" for
any reason: government employee, member of an professional or interest
organization, AAA member, you name it. Nobody pays the rack rate
unless they're a rube from Wichita.
--
There is no sport in hate when all the rage is on one side.
~ Percy B. Shelley