Near Catasstrophy over Grand Canyon!

Old August 6th 03, 01:17 AM
Boudewijn van Ingen

Default Near Catasstrophy over Grand Canyon!

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 17:46:05 -0500, "Don Parker"
wrote:

There I was, 7,500' over the canyon, when everything started going
fuzzy...........
And you pussies think you have VFR problems...... Hummphhh!!!
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/dmgc.jpg
Cheers'n beers y'all! (:-))
Don

That kind of "pussy" don't count, for the "mile high club". ;-)

--
Groeten,
Boudewijn.

Old August 6th 03, 04:23 AM
Don Parker

It did it before then, started out at Page AZ, and before getting to the
north rim area saw several streams of water going up, over, around cliffs,
kind of like some roads in other sceneries going straight up cliffs. But,
for the money, what the hell....... Can you imagine this just ten or even
five years ago???

"glathrem" wrote in message
Did you fly all the way through to the west end, and then to Hoover dam?
You'll see some really strange river effects if you do. I didn't know the
Colorado could climb cliffs!

Old August 6th 03, 12:02 PM
dyno

"Don Parker" wrote in message
FSGenesis, and it's BEAUTIFUL! You have to keep looking back and forth,
almost like IRL, but it's for the scenery instead of other traffic!! You
can become fixated on something to the left, and totally miss some awesome
sights to the right...........

"The man" wrote in message
.com...
Is that the default mesh on the grand Canyon or did you add a more

detailed
one ?

"Don Parker" wrote in message
There I was, 7,500' over the canyon, when everything started going
fuzzy...........
And you pussies think you have VFR problems...... Hummphhh!!!
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/dmgc.jpg
Cheers'n beers y'all! (:-))
Don

is that smoke from a bush fire in the background? does fs2004 have smoke
haze effect(from fires).. in sydney every december its a natural part of
flying now.. ils on a sunny day

Old August 6th 03, 09:55 PM
Don Parker

"dyno" wrote in message

is that smoke from a bush fire in the background? does fs2004 have smoke
haze effect(from fires).. in sydney every december its a natural part of
flying now.. ils on a sunny day

Just some low clouds, although IRL it could have been smoke. Arizona has
been trying to keep up with the land of Oz, and doing it's damnest to burn
everything up. Could try loading some real weather out of Tucson and some
other places around there and see what comes up. Haven't seen anything in
2k4 for haze or smoke, but might try some combination of visual distance and
some light precip. That's not the same as coming up on a grey cloud
hovering over the city, or columns of smoke coming up and layering out.
Then throw in some good turbulence when you decide to fly through it! G
Cheers.
Don