Registering Trailer In California

Old July 2nd 04, 05:44 AM
Brian Iten

I will let you know what happens as I am registering
(or attempting to) the trailer this saturday morning
and it has Nevada plates on it. I will see if AAA wants
to have the trailer present even if plates from a different
state are already on it.
Brian

So how does California's PTI (Permanent Trailer Identification)
play
into all of this? My LAK trailer at MEV is registered
in Nevada, and
has an annual registration fee. My Libelle trailer
in San Jose got a
PTI sticker in the mail a couple of years ago, but
no fees since then.

I'd sure like to convert the LAK trailer to the no
fee option, but I'd
rather not drag it all the way from MEV to SJ and back,
if I don't have
to...

Ken

Old July 2nd 04, 06:21 AM
Greg Arnold

Brian Iten wrote:

I will let you know what happens as I am registering
(or attempting to) the trailer this saturday morning
and it has Nevada plates on it. I will see if AAA wants
to have the trailer present even if plates from a different
state are already on it.
Brian

I have registered four glider trailers in Cal (all with out-of-state
plates), and the DMV always wanted to confirm the VIN on the trailer.
If there is no VIN on the trailer, or the VIN doesn't match the
out-of-state registration, they don't seem to care, but they still want
to see the trailer.