Mitsubishi MU2 Crash at KHIO

Old May 25th 05, 02:30 PM
Withheld By Request

Default Mitsubishi MU2 Crash at KHIO

All 4 occupants killed on impact. Happened on a clear, mild evening shortly
after takeoff. Witnesses describe a "spiral into the ground" near the
departure end of the runway. Possibly one engine not turning.

www.katu.com

Old May 25th 05, 02:51 PM
Mike Rapoport

"Withheld By Request" wrote in message
All 4 occupants killed on impact. Happened on a clear, mild evening
shortly after takeoff. Witnesses describe a "spiral into the ground" near
the departure end of the runway. Possibly one engine not turning.

www.katu.com

There is a large MU-2 maitenance facility at KHIO, I wonder if maitenance
was a factor.

Mike
MU-2

Old May 25th 05, 10:09 PM
Ben Jackson

On 2005-05-25, Withheld By Request wrote:
All 4 occupants killed on impact. Happened on a clear, mild evening shortly
after takeoff. Witnesses describe a "spiral into the ground" near the
departure end of the runway. Possibly one engine not turning.

I saw a picture. It looked like a fairly benign landing -- the plane is
broken up but still arranged in a plane shape. Didn't look like it had
burned.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old May 25th 05, 11:19 PM
Dave S

Ben Jackson wrote:

I saw a picture. It looked like a fairly benign landing -- the plane is
broken up but still arranged in a plane shape. Didn't look like it had
burned.

If that is benign, I'd hate to see what "all messed up" looks like...

Dave

Old May 26th 05, 02:21 AM
Ben Jackson

On 2005-05-25, Dave S wrote:

If that is benign, I'd hate to see what "all messed up" looks like...

Charred fragments of aluminum spread over a mile circle of the everglades.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old May 27th 05, 11:58 PM
gatt

"Ben Jackson" wrote in message

All 4 occupants killed on impact. Happened on a clear, mild evening

shortly
after takeoff. Witnesses describe a "spiral into the ground" near the
departure end of the runway. Possibly one engine not turning.

I saw a picture. It looked like a fairly benign landing -- the plane is
broken up but still arranged in a plane shape. Didn't look like it had
burned.

The wreckage burst into flames a day or two later during the investigation!

Here's the link to the story including video of the fi
http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=77391

Yet another A36 crash H.P. Piloting 10 April 23rd 05 05:58 PM
update on Montrose crash Bob Moore Piloting 3 November 29th 04 02:38 PM
Bizzare findings of Flight 93 crash in PA on 9-11 Laura Bush murdered her boy friend Military Aviation 38 April 12th 04 08:10 PM
Bad publicity David Starer Soaring 18 March 8th 04 03:57 PM
Sunday's Crash in LI Sound Marco Leon Piloting 0 November 5th 03 04:34 PM