Washington ADIZ: Comment Period Extended

Old November 3rd 05, 03:16 PM
Jay Masino

Default Washington ADIZ: Comment Period Extended

According to the AOPA site, the FAA has extended the comment period
for making the Washington ADIZ permenent, by another 90 days
http://www.aopa.org/adizalert/

If any of you pilots from other areas of the country are worried about
an ADIZ showing up in a class B near you, please help us out and submit
a comment. Thanks!

--- Jay

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
Old November 3rd 05, 04:02 PM
Jose

According to the AOPA site, the FAA has extended the comment period
for making the Washington ADIZ permenent, by another 90 days
http://www.aopa.org/adizalert/

This has been extended many times now. I wonder what the real story is.

Jose
Old November 3rd 05, 04:45 PM
George Patterson

Jose wrote:

This has been extended many times now. I wonder what the real story is.

They're trying to find 100,000 Secret Service agents to enter comments.

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.

Old November 3rd 05, 05:04 PM
Ron Natalie

Jose wrote:
According to the AOPA site, the FAA has extended the comment period
for making the Washington ADIZ permenent, by another 90 days
http://www.aopa.org/adizalert/

This has been extended many times now. I wonder what the real story is.

Not to my knowledge. The Docket was published in August with a comment
period ending 11/2. This is the first extension.

Old November 3rd 05, 05:13 PM
George Patterson

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

Out if the 17,000+ comments has anyone seen a pro ADIZ comment?

You seriously believe that someone in this forum has read 17,000+ comments?

Old November 3rd 05, 05:24 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"George Patterson" wrote in message
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

Out if the 17,000+ comments has anyone seen a pro ADIZ comment?

You seriously believe that someone in this forum has read 17,000+
comments?

No but I thought someone might have stumbled upon one.

Old November 3rd 05, 07:58 PM
Jose

The Docket was published in August with a comment
period ending 11/2. This is the first extension.

This is not the first extension. It's the third I've counted, and there
may have been others before. I submitted my comments on or around
October 17, just before a deadline that was then extended. At least twice.

Jose
Old November 4th 05, 10:01 PM
Jimmy B.

George Patterson wrote:
Jose wrote:

This has been extended many times now. I wonder what the real story is.

They're trying to find 100,000 Secret Service agents to enter comments.

That'd be funny if it weren't true.