New Year weight loss plans ???

Old January 4th 06, 04:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Default New Year weight loss plans ???

Flyingmonk wrote:
Are we still talking portable vehicles? How 'bout this one?

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/s...dcase-open.jpg

I thought we were still talking bicycles, but you could haul that into the city
without getting too many glares.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.
Old January 4th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Here's another view and different color.

http://www.3wheelers.com/mazda.html

My brother is a transit cop (MetroTransit). He saids because of the
fuel, it will be banned from the subway. :^(

The Monk

Old January 4th 06, 04:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

"George Patterson" wrote

Well, first, you've got to find a bike that folds up into something the
size of a carryon bag. I've not seen one. Try taking a Montague into NYC
on a rush hour New Jersey Transit train. Let me know how it works out.

All you have to do is let the air out of the tires, right? g
--
Jim in NC

Old January 4th 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
oups.com...
Here's another view and different color.

http://www.3wheelers.com/mazda.html

My brother is a transit cop (MetroTransit). He saids because of the
fuel, it will be banned from the subway. :^(

You could do an electric version, though.

That sounds like an interesting project.

I seem to recall a suitcase scooter, where the wheels popped out of the
bottom, and a seat and handlebars folded up, from inside. Anyone remember
that one?
--
Jim in NC

Old January 4th 06, 05:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Here's even more pictures, disasembled even :^)

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/suitcasecar.htm

Haven't heard of the suitcase scooter Jim.

The Monk

Old January 4th 06, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

"JohnH" wrote

We agreed I'd ride the go-ped and she'd ride the bike to the beach, and
we'd switch on the way back.

On the way, a woman sees us ride by and yells "Typical man! Making the
woman do all the work!"

What you needed was a 15 foot piece of rope, to tow the bike rider!
--
Jim in NC

Old January 4th 06, 08:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have had my Dahon for a while, still love it but might get me a
Hummer or a Montage because my daughters are embarassed to ride along
side daddy on a Dahon. To them it looks like a kiddie bike. :^)

I guess I would have to agree with them on that one... I would have to be
pretty desperate to ride one of them... The Montague Hummer model looks like
something that you wouldn't have to get used to people snickering about...
When I fold the rear seats down in my Grumman, I can put 2 full size bikes
in there as long as I remove the front wheels... A quality folding one would
be nice, but it's not a high priority to me right now...

Old January 4th 06, 08:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

"BTIZ" wrote in message news:zdItf.3543$V.3162@fed1read04...
It's 15 miles one way of inner city traffic and interstate... not a good
commute for biking..

Ahh, but after you have been run over by the soccer mom driving her Suburban
while talking on her cell phone and putting on makeup, you'll loose so much
weight while you are recuperating at the hospital and they are just feeding
you glucose via an IV...

Old January 4th 06, 11:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Flyingmonk wrote:
Here's another view and different color.

http://www.3wheelers.com/mazda.html

My brother is a transit cop (MetroTransit). He saids because of the
fuel, it will be banned from the subway. :^(

The Monk

You guys are thinking way too high tech. My son recommends a skateboard.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old January 4th 06, 12:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Weight loss plan...
new shoes that fit very well.
New socks...ditto
Eat less