New Year weight loss plans ???

Old January 1st 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Default New Year weight loss plans ???

Montblack wrote:
(Necessary Aviation Content: Weight)
(Necessary Aviation Content - Part Deux: Piper entrance and egress)

Anyone looking to shed 'a few' pounds this year? If you've succeeded it
in the past, want to share your story?

Montblack
If food is my cocaine, I'm the Darryl Strawberry of weight loss plans.
(Mmm... strawberries)

I've lost 10lbs over the last 2 months since returing to a proper (for
me) eating regimine. I was at 195 and rapidly getting bigger with a
sharp decline in my health in all respects....

I do the Atkins diet, the only tolerable way of eating for me. But I
have moderate to severe food allergies/intolerances which leave me very
little choice...... But my health is now much much better and I feel
much better as well....

10lbs is a lot in my plane, may have to redo the W&B... for sure if I
lose any more ....

LS
N646F
Old January 2nd 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

I got a diet plan for you Montblack! It is the plan that my wife uses,
it's called The Monk Diet.

My wife's on The Monk Diet and she's looking great.

The Monk Diet works like this ~ we go out; she orders appetizer and
salads, main meal, desert and her drink of choice. I do the same for
myself.

The trick to The Monk Diet is in the execution. First I eat both of
our appetizers and salads (mine's got an extra helping of dressing),
she might have had a chance to take one bite out of hers. She sips on
her strawberry daiquiri while I down my pina colada.

Second we start on our main course where I quickly consume mine and
help her with half of hers. I finish up my pina colada and drink the
rest of her daiquiri. I order one more daiquiri and she gets a glass
of rose'.

Third we start on the deserts, I quickly down my appetizer and proceed
to help her with 75% of her appetizer. I drink two or three more
fruity drinks, and sip at least half of all her drinks.

Forth I order one more desert.

So far it's worked out great; she's only maybe five-ten lbs. over
weight. This plan hasn't worked out too well for me however, I'm
about forty over :^)

Old January 2nd 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Third we start on the deserts, I quickly down my appetizer and proceed
to help her with 75% of her appetizer.

I meant to write Third we start on the deserts, I quickly down my
desert and proceed
to help her with 75% of her desert.

Old January 2nd 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

[...]

help her with 75% of her desert. I drink two or three more fruity

Old January 2nd 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

How about the divorce announcement "I lost 200 pounds of useless flab?"

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Terrific! I hadn't seen that one.

Happy new Year!

vince norris
Old January 2nd 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

I would like to lose about 100 pounds, getting back to what I weighed
when I was into triathlon. Unfortunately, since a biking accident left
me with a compressed spine, plantar fasciitis and hyperextended
tendons, and torn rotator cuffs, that kind of exercise regime is simply
not in the cards.

I do need to get out walking more, though.

Old January 2nd 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

I meant to write Third we start on the deserts, I quickly down my
desert and proceed to help her with 75% of her desert.

Even so, 25% of any desert is quite a bit. It's like passing a deli and
eating a quarter of all the sand which is there.

Jose
--
You can choose whom to befriend, but you cannot choose whom to love.
Old January 2nd 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

side streets my friend!! check out this article
http://www.slate.com/id/2130978/

even if you can't commute to work i'm a big advocate of utilitarian
biking. even if it adds 1/3 additional time to your commute, that 1/2
time you would have spent in car is now spent doing some heavy duty
cardio. naturally western more "outdoorsy" states are more supportive
and condusive to this lifestyle, but even if your co-workers think
you're a dork so be it. your abs and your wallet will benefit. (the
savings in gas money, plus lowering my car insurance to "occasional
use" has given me a LOT more money for flying...

a few times i've even biked to FTG (home airport), with a friend,
flight gear in my panniers, and secured bikes in the back of the 182.
at my destination they comes in perfect for getting around and
exploring whatever town we're headed to (and generally much more
reliable than the courtesy car

now bikes AND camping gear get a little too heavy on hot summer days...

Old January 2nd 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

hey that's great! yeah summer evenings ARE definetely more condusive
to doing a nice 8 miles ride and treating yourself to ice cream at the
end.

i ride all throught the winter as it's usually dry here in Denver
during the winter, (a few storms but streets dry up fast), and i have
incredibly thin but warm goretex and under armour for skiing anyway
that i wear, but we had a week of 10-15 below here in Denver so I was
happy to take a break during that arctic blast.

Old January 2nd 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

"Jose" wrote in message
t...
I meant to write Third we start on the deserts, I quickly down my
desert and proceed to help her with 75% of her desert.

Even so, 25% of any desert is quite a bit. It's like passing a deli and
eating a quarter of all the sand which is there.

Sure, but there are zero calories. So any weight gain would be temporary
(if enormous).