KRDU area hangars/avionics installers

Old July 17th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default KRDU area hangars/avionics installers

Yea, I learned from Brant, but got the call right after it happened. I
wouldn't have expected any less from Paul, he's always had that ability
to stay calm and collected.
Patrick

Dave Butler wrote:
Maule Driver wrote:
I live and fly out of there. email me at Mauledriver at nc.rr.com.

If you got your PPL from Paul, you might have seen his Emmy worthy
appearance on the local news after he landed a 150 on I-540. Not only
did he do a fine landing amidst mid-day traffic but he gave WRAL a great
inteview. Complete with breathless bylines like, "a skilled flight
instructor from Durham did a by-the-book landing his power-less plane on
busy I-540 without injury or damage. Tune into the interview at 11:00"

Great landing and even better PR!

I agree, the net result was overall positive for GA. Just curious, I saw
somewhere that this pilot had had a couple of earlier incidents. Is he the same
pilot that went into the trees just across I85 on T.O. a few years ago?

DB

wrote:

Watson
Do you live or fly from lake ridge? I'd be interested in talking to
other pilots from up there, I got my PPL there. Real fun flying in and
out of that place.
Patrick

Watson wrote:

One might argue that those on the approach end of 32 (preceding the
threshold) are the best on the airport. However, this lot is 2 homes
within the threshold. The brown ranch with the 'for sale' sign facing
the runway and street. Probably the high point of lots along the
runway. Clear and free access to the taxi way paralleling the runway,
just needs an owner built hangar.

I don't know the asking price or anything but I would think it would be
the lowest cost way to live with your plane around. 15 minutes from
RTP, Duke University, Duke Medical. 10nm north of RDU. Sure would be
nice to have a pilot in there.

--
Dave Butler, software engineer 919-392-4367

Old July 17th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Maule Driver

Dave Butler wrote:
Maule Driver wrote:
I live and fly out of there. email me at Mauledriver at nc.rr.com.

If you got your PPL from Paul, you might have seen his Emmy worthy
appearance on the local news after he landed a 150 on I-540. Not only
did he do a fine landing amidst mid-day traffic but he gave WRAL a
great inteview. Complete with breathless bylines like, "a skilled
flight instructor from Durham did a by-the-book landing his power-less
plane on busy I-540 without injury or damage. Tune into the interview
at 11:00"

Great landing and even better PR!

I agree, the net result was overall positive for GA. Just curious, I saw
somewhere that this pilot had had a couple of earlier incidents. Is he
the same pilot that went into the trees just across I85 on T.O. a few
years ago?

No. I know the crash you are talking about (found out as I took off
over them 30min later). I think Paul had an engine failure on TO out of
Lakeridge over 8 or 9 years ago. He puts a lot of primary training time in.