Kerry didn't join the National Guard to avoid combat.

Old September 5th 04, 06:33 PM
ArtKramr

Default Kerry didn't join the National Guard to avoid combat.

Bush did that.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old September 5th 04, 06:35 PM
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

Bush did that.

I would probably argue that Bush's 3 years as a fighter pilot were both more
dangerous and of a greater overall service to his country than Kerry's 3
months as a Swiftie. And then there's the fact that Kerry pretty obviously
gamed the system to get out of his tour early.

Hey, but Bush has an 11 point lead, despite your rantings. Or perhaps
because of them. Either way, Kerry is probably toast come November. Oh well.

Old September 5th 04, 07:00 PM
Bob Coe

Yea, you're right. He joined the Naval Reserve to avoid combat.

Never did show up either.

"ArtKramr" wrote

Bush did that.

Old September 5th 04, 08:27 PM
Raoul

In article , Thomas J.
Paladino Jr. wrote:

Bush did that.

I would probably argue that Bush's 3 years as a fighter pilot were both more
dangerous and of a greater overall service to his country than Kerry's 3
months as a Swiftie. And then there's the fact that Kerry pretty obviously
gamed the system to get out of his tour early.

Hey, but Bush has an 11 point lead, despite your rantings. Or perhaps
because of them. Either way, Kerry is probably toast come November. Oh well.

And, ya know, those facts about their earlier military conduct really
don't mean much. The Vietnam War was such a ****ed up situation that
it is really hard to figure out what was the 'right' action.

raoul

Old September 5th 04, 09:28 PM
Kevin Brooks

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Bush did that.

But by his own admission, in an account resurfaced by the Boston Globe some
time back, Kerry did admit he volunteered for Swift boat duty because he
thought it would get him into the theater *without* exposing him to actual
combat. "I didn't really want to get involved in the war," Kerry said in a
little-noticed contribution to a book of Vietnam reminiscences published in
1986. "When I signed up for the swift boats, they had very little to do with
the war. They were engaged in coastal patrolling and that's what I thought I
was going to be doing."

http://www.spinsanity.org/post.html?...1_archive.html

So where does that leave him?

Brooks

Arthur Kramer

Old September 5th 04, 09:41 PM
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

"Raoul" wrote in message
In article , Thomas J.
Paladino Jr. wrote:

Bush did that.

I would probably argue that Bush's 3 years as a fighter pilot were both

more
dangerous and of a greater overall service to his country than Kerry's 3
months as a Swiftie. And then there's the fact that Kerry pretty

obviously
gamed the system to get out of his tour early.

Hey, but Bush has an 11 point lead, despite your rantings. Or perhaps
because of them. Either way, Kerry is probably toast come November. Oh

well.

And, ya know, those facts about their earlier military conduct really
don't mean much. The Vietnam War was such a ****ed up situation that
it is really hard to figure out what was the 'right' action.

Yep, thats basically the core truth of this whole issue.

Unfortunately, Kerry decided to make his three months in Vietnam the
foundation of his entire campaign, so now here we are dissecting what two
kids in their 20s did during probably the most ass-backwards period in
modern history.

If Kerry had spent more time talking about his 20 years in the senate,
rather than his 3 months in 'Nam, then this would be a non-issue. I still
don't know what he did in the senate for all that time.

Old September 5th 04, 10:40 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

But by his own admission, in an account resurfaced by the Boston Globe
some
time back, Kerry did admit he volunteered for Swift boat duty because he
thought it would get him into the theater *without* exposing him to actual
combat. "I didn't really want to get involved in the war," Kerry said in a
little-noticed contribution to a book of Vietnam reminiscences published
in
1986. "When I signed up for the swift boats, they had very little to do
with
the war. They were engaged in coastal patrolling and that's what I thought
was going to be doing."

http://www.spinsanity.org/post.html?...1_archive.html

So where does that leave him?

Uhh, wiser than anyone imagined?

Old September 5th 04, 10:41 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Thomas J. Paladino Jr." wrote in message

If Kerry had spent more time talking about his 20 years in the senate,
rather than his 3 months in 'Nam, then this would be a non-issue.

Yeah, and Bush would have a twenty point lead.

Old September 5th 04, 10:42 PM
Bob Coe

"Thomas J. Paladino Jr." wrote

I still don't know what he did in the senate for all that time.

Ask Kennedy, he's the guy that kept him elected in MA.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
16 Aug 2004 - Today’s Military, Veteran, War and National Security News Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 August 17th 04 12:37 AM
Donald Trump tells Bush. "You're fired" ArtKramr Military Aviation 20 July 19th 04 01:53 AM
Countering Widespread Ignorance About the National Guard Rick Folkers Military Aviation 80 March 14th 04 03:54 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 05:26 PM