safety pin

Old August 12th 05, 10:00 PM

Default safety pin

Hi,
I am looking for a source for safety pin for l'hotellier. Those
that are attach to the connector. I need 4. Sent a email to Tim, Tom LS
and others no success.
S6

Old August 12th 05, 10:05 PM
5Z

A typical aviation mechanic will have them - that's where I've gotten
mine.

Several friends also have made permanently attached springy clips out
of piano wire that work quite well and can't be dropped.

-Tom

Old August 12th 05, 11:13 PM

I use hairclip pins purchased at Lowe's

Old August 12th 05, 11:27 PM

I have the pin you guys are mentioning. On an LS6 it is almost
impossible to use because there is no hatch to look in. you have to
install them blind.
The pin I am looking for are sping type, one end goes trough
the l'hotellier so the pin spring in and out of the cam it is not
removable from the connector.. I have broken one but would rather
replace 4.
Thank you.
S6

Old August 12th 05, 11:27 PM
Derrick Steed

They are called "R" clips - if you ask for those at any fastenings
supplier you should find what you want.

Rgds,

Derrick Steed

Old August 12th 05, 11:45 PM
Bob Korves

" wrote in
oups.com:

I use hairclip pins purchased at Lowe's

Yeah, Gary. Saves you that $0.23 U.S. each for the correct aircraft part,
which is used for connecting critical control assemblies. Jeez, a lifetime
supply, even for your Nimbus 3, could cost maybe $10! My Scottish
anscestors would be proud of you... ;-)
-Bob Korves
Old August 13th 05, 12:32 AM
Dave Martin

R clips as used on ASW20 type hoteliers are like those
used older motor car and motor cycle disc brake pad
retention pins. The were available in kits or some
brake retailers stock the R pins as separate items,
but it is a long time since I bought any.

Dave
At 22:48 12 August 2005, Bob Korves wrote:
' wrote in
roups.com:

Old August 13th 05, 02:05 AM
jphoenix

Bob,

Those 416's don't fit very well in the outer panel connection control
rod tubes in the N3. I don't like the idea of using that large of a
safety pin there, I'm sure it would catch on the end of the rod
housing. I use safety wire so I can bend it back flush and there's no
chance of it catching the end of the tube opening. I like Gary's idea
of those very small clips. Maybe there's an AN equivelant, but I've
never seen one.

Inside the fuselage, I use Wedekind sleeves, but again, no room for the
Wedekind sleeves out in the outer panel connections. Hopefully the FAA
won't be lurking behind any bushes (or maybe trolling the OLC for
violations) when I install my Lowe's hairclip pins;-)

Jim

Bob Korves wrote:
" wrote in
oups.com: