Train Wreck

Old November 9th 17, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Default Train Wreck

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 10:45:24 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 1:11:34 PM UTC-5, jfitch wrote:
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 4:07:40 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 12:19:30 AM UTC-5, wrote:
There are some serious mental issues on display here.

Yeah and everyone who posts in this thread, no matter the content is afflicted.

I am personally saving all of this for inspiration to develop a daytime TV drama entitled, "Days That We Fly": Will 7T throw enough abrasive temper tantrums to finally get the 18m selection he believes he deserves and so desperately craves? Will XC and UH live up to their reputation for back room dealing and freeze him out? Will peacemakers reconcile them and they will share a room at WGC leading to victory? Will the SSA rank and file reach a level of disgust and ban them all? Tune in tomorrow to "Days That We Fly" and watch the stunning developments and cliff hangers....

I think I just got slammed, but not sure why. Could the writer provide some evidence that UH was involved in back room dealing? Or is this just a ploy to inflame the thread?
UH

We're all headed to the back room this weekend for the RC meeting. I'll be sure to make notes about the deals. I really wish cash were involved. If I'm going to sell out my principles it really needs to be profitable for me. Please PM me if you would like to attempt a bribe. Full disclosure - it'll be very expensive. Also, if you want it to be secret, doctoring the meeting notes carries an extra charge.

/s

9B
Old November 9th 17, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 1:57:15 PM UTC-5, Andy Blackburn wrote:
[...]

How come I get the blame and you get the money?
Rigged!!!!!!!!!
UH
Old November 9th 17, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 11:35:34 AM UTC-8, wrote:

How come I get the blame and you get the money?
Rigged!!!!!!!!!
UH

I'm more manipulative than you are Hank.

You've got to get up to speed on how to swing things in your favor. It's kind of like leeching, but with human personalities. Pretend they're your friend and go along until you don't need them anymore, then kick them to the curb - or use someone else do it for you. It takes practice.

For those who are perplexed by the human dynamics of organizations, I've found this article quite illuminating as a general guide.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/melis..._10722026.html
Old November 9th 17, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dennis Vreeken

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 12:42:57 PM UTC-8, Andy Blackburn wrote:
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 11:35:34 AM UTC-8, wrote:

How come I get the blame and you get the money?
Rigged!!!!!!!!!
UH

I'm more manipulative than you are Hank.

You've got to get up to speed on how to swing things in your favor. It's kind of like leeching, but with human personalities. Pretend they're your friend and go along until you don't need them anymore, then kick them to the curb - or use someone else do it for you. It takes practice.

For those who are perplexed by the human dynamics of organizations, I've found this article quite illuminating as a general guide.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/melis..._10722026.html

Andy , you are killing me and it's not even winter yet ! Time to go and make some more popcorn!
Old November 9th 17, 09:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Someone wrote this to me:

"Gina,
7T's behavior at Benalla is not what is in question here. I am sure you realize this but you have decided, For whatever reason, to blur an important distinction."

If you are going to personally address me, it is common courtesy that you sign your posts.

If you read my two posts at RAS, you'll see that they are corrections of another poster's incorrect assumptions or statements. Mr Christner had quoted a portion of the US Team Code of Conduct and had asked John Cochrane if he could "certify that [7T] has met all of these requirements". Because John Cochrane was not in attendance at the Benalla WGC, I myself assured Mr Christner that Sean Fidler's behavior at the WGC was exemplary (as was the conduct of all the other Team Members).

Subsequently, Mr Christner quoted the same portion of the US Team Code of Conduct and opined that pilots are required to adhere to the Code "at ALL times, not just during a competition." I then corrected that mistaken assumption by quoting the relevant portions of the US Team Code of Conduct -- the Code is specific to WGC competitions and is not meant to be a requirement, 24-7, for all competition pilots who might possibly be future US Team Members.

It was important to make these corrections to Mr Christner's mistaken assumptions, because he was using them to support his call for a "permanent ban from future competition" for one of USA's top competition pilots.

It's always a good idea to correct mistaken assumptions or statements, especially when they are the argumentative basis for actions with very serious consequences, don't you agree, Mr or Ms Somebody?

Gina

On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 4:16:37 AM UTC+13, wrote:
On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 3:19:36 PM UTC-7, wrote:

So, I would appreciate it if you refrained from further ill-advised and erroneous public "guesses" regarding 7T's behavior as a USA Team member, ........
Gina

Gina,
7T's behavior at Benalla is not what is in question here. I am sure you realize this but you have decided, For whatever reason, to blur an important distinction. From what I am able to gather from the SSA website is that 7T was in fact offered a spot on the US team but declined. 7T's FB and personal web page do not make mention of this (Granted, I didn't dig too deep on either page). So which is it? Good ol boyz and cronyism or did the selection committee see the potential in his flying and offer a spot on the team.
Granted, I am not a fan of the hair pulling that goes on here (RAS), But one good thing that can come out of this thread is a discussion of the US Team decision to move off of a merit based system and the logic behind the current team member selections.

Old November 9th 17, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane[_3_]

Well, that does it. I had been giving Sean the benefit of the doubt, as his behavior in person and as a pilot has, in my presence at least, always been unobjectionable.

But now, a prospective US team member has slandered, in public and in writing, pretty much everyone who might be a team mate, a team captain, meteorologist or other support person; the entire US team committee, and most of the people (including me) who might have at one point been interested in contributing money to send him off to the WGC. (The "good old boy network" pays a lot of bills and does a huge amount of volunteer work.)

How can someone who has done this ever be part of a team?

Among others, a few quotes:
"voters lied"
"the SSA good old boys [USTC, RC] got together and used...team selection process...to obviously game the us team selection."
"Was the team committee doing their job in policing out non-sensible input and votes?"

Savor that. The USTC is now supposed to filter out non-sensible votes?

"Pete “the GOB hand puppet” " RE-WRITING THE RESPONSES" Sean Murphy.. his deceitful and false "

Well, this prospective team member can't count on any help from Pete or Sean Murphy, in any capacity going forward.

"This current US Team is, CLEARLY, at least partially, Illegitimate. ILLEGITIMATE. Team Slots were STOLEN"

Make that the whole US team. Or anyone on the USTC. By this act, it seems to me that Sean has written himself off the US TEAM pretty much for good.

John Cochrane
Old November 9th 17, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 2:10:16 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Someone wrote this to me:

[...]

Gina, (if this really is Gina?), You and I have chatted over the years. You have even helped me at contest's and we have shared dinners chatting. Since Sean wishes honesty, I share the below as it's a direct copy of a post to Seans FB page by another. Why does the poster state what you share differently?

Sean Fidler Soaring
October 31 at 8:38am ·
From an unnamed friend this AM.
“What fools. So a guy (Sean Fidler) wins his second competition day at
a World Championships (totally unheard of) in the 18m class (with a
teammate who refused to team fly and with virtually no team support,
wife had to communicate) and is skipped over in the selection that
SAME year for the next world championships for an insider (Good old
boy pet) who was way behind in the their countries own international
rankings (which use different rules). What’s the problem? That sounds
completely justifiable. Nothing to see here. Move along. Extended
laughter...Jesus F Christ...f€%k that and F$&k them...you have been
right all along Sean...”
Well said I think.
Next statement...”you know the test on this is to ask yourself, if the
situation was reversed, would you have been picked?”
Next statement...”that’s borderline criminal...”
Thanks everyone but the decision is final.

Sean even states "The decision is final". So, Gina, the above poster does state their were problems which you never saw. So, by what "others" are seeing/reading, they are simply giving their comments/views. Honest communication, by all parties, could end this. But this train wreck has had earlier derailments, which have never been corrected. In most, if not all sports, this is seen/experienced.

Thanks Gina, Best. Tom #711.
Old November 9th 17, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi, Tom

The purpose of your post isn't entirely clear to me. You rather vaguely indicate that others "saw" "problems" that I never saw. If you meant "problems" regarding 7T's behavior at the Worlds, then of course I am not witness to, or privy to, everything that took place at Benalla. I never claimed such omniscience. Other Team Members are naturally welcome to state their own opinions regarding what they personally witnessed, if they are so inclined.

I'll repeat this one more time. Kevin Christner, who was not at the Benalla WGC, suggested that 7T would not be able to meet the requirements of the US Team Code of Conduct. As someone who spent more time in the presence of Team 7T than most everyone else on the US Team, I felt qualified to reply to Mr Christner and reveal what I witnessed, day after day, week after week, at the Worlds in January. I repeat -- I witnessed nothing but exemplary behavior from Team 7T.

If anyone believes that I am not entitled to my own opinion in this regard, then please do us all a favor and keep it to yourself.

Gina

Gina, (if this really is Gina?), You and I have chatted over the years. You have even helped me at contest's and we have shared dinners chatting. Since Sean wishes honesty, I share the below as it's a direct copy of a post to Seans FB page by another. Why does the poster state what you share differently?

Sean Fidler Soaring
October 31 at 8:38am ·
From an unnamed friend this AM.

Old November 10th 17, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bojack J4

This is better than watching television!
Old November 10th 17, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 7:00:32 PM UTC-5, Bojack J4 wrote:
This is better than watching television!

Much. Like binge watching a series on Netflix. No need to wait until next week for the following episode. Read the latest scandalous revelation. Grab a sandwich or take a meeting. Then back to "Train Wreck on RAS" for the latest!

That said, I'm going to be really crushed if we learn it was all scripted for our entertainment and none of it is real. Possible. Some of this stuff is pretty hard to believe.

Chip Bearden