Warning

Old June 15th 04, 09:25 PM
Hans Disma

Default Warning

Some time ago I bought a used Bohli mechanical variometer ( over 15 years
old ) for $ 400 from a certain Mr. Bill Daniels in " good condition " The
photo he did send me showed only the back (!) of the instrument. I received
the instrument DOA; poorly packed, broken glass, in other words useless. Be
carefull if you buy anything from this fellow gliderpilot from Centennial,
CO

Hans Disma, the Netherlands

Old June 15th 04, 10:53 PM
Bill Daniels

Alright damnit! If necessary I can post copies of all the e-mails involved
in this transaction.

Hans asked for specific pictures insisting on pictures of the back of the
instrument. I complied with every request.

He also asked for the cheapest shipping method which turned out to be US
Postal service without insurance. I suggested insuring it but he wanted it
uninsured to evade taxes.

I had it professionally packed for shipment. I still have the receipt for
that packing. Hans told me that the customs people in his country opened
the package where the vario was probably dropped and the glass broken. I
posted several notes on this forum about testing this instrument which
showed that it worked fine except for a unusually long time constant.

He also told me that even in inoperable condition the instrument was
repairable to like new condition for far less than the new price. The new
Bohli of this type sells for 2100 Euro. With what he paid plus the repair
costs, he has a like new instrument for less than half the new price.

He agreed that, even with the glass broken, $400 was still a good price.

Now he wants a public fight.

Bill Daniels

Old June 16th 04, 04:13 AM
tuno

Now he wants a public fight.

I've picked a winner.

Bill, do you have a used LX5000 or SN10 for sale?

-ted
Old June 16th 04, 04:32 AM
CO2ID

go find a dike to stick your finger into

Radar Warning Tones Eggroll135R Military Aviation 1 July 12th 04 02:29 AM
S-TEC 60-2 audio warning Julian Scarfe Owning 7 March 1st 04 09:11 PM
Plane with no stall warning device? Roy Smith General Aviation 23 February 17th 04 04:23 AM
gear warning plus K.P. Termaat Soaring 0 September 8th 03 08:33 AM
Volkslogger - Shut off the memory warning buzzer? BJen Soaring 16 July 29th 03 01:12 AM