Jim Payne set a two records (one new) yesterday - in a NIXUS

Old June 11th 20, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Jim Payne set a two records (one new) yesterday - in a NIXUS

What the hell is a Nixus?

https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3....l?dsId=7846872

Tom
Old June 11th 20, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2236661526587915
Old June 11th 20, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

On Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 7:21:19 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 9:10:51 AM UTC-5, 2G wrote:
What the hell is a Nixus?

https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3....l?dsId=7846872

Tom

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2236661526587915

For anyone unfamiliar with this machine, it's the fuselage of an ASH-30 with new 28m 53.3/1 aspect ratio wings that use electric fly-by-wire full span flaperons.

Mike
Old June 11th 20, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

For some reason, the Free Triangle distance record was "only" 245.22 miles.

Dick Andrews and I made an attempt at breaking this record in MN on May 30.

We ended up 38 miles short. We won't be able to touch the new record out of MN.

Congratulations to Jim and Alan!

Lou
Old June 11th 20, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 7:35:48 AM UTC-7, Mike the Strike wrote:
On Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 7:21:19 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 9:10:51 AM UTC-5, 2G wrote:
What the hell is a Nixus?

https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3....l?dsId=7846872

Tom

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2236661526587915

For anyone unfamiliar with this machine, it's the fuselage of an ASH-30 with new 28m 53.3/1 aspect ratio wings that use electric fly-by-wire full span flaperons.

Mike

A tip on the Nixus - if you are standing around when they want to assemble it, put your hands in your pockets and run away. It redefines what "heavy" means in a wing panel. But a very interesting machine.
Old June 12th 20, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

So that's where Tom Bjork sold his ASH-30 mi.Â* When I asked who bought
it he said that he'd signed a non disclosure agreement.Â* I flew that
ship a bunch as Tom's PIC since, due to illness, he needed a backup.Â* I
miss him...

--
Dan, 5J

Old June 12th 20, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 9:08:21 PM UTC-4, Wyll Surf Air wrote:
To my knowledge, the Nixus fuselage was purchased directly from schempp-hirth.

No, Nixus has an ASH-30 (Schleicher) fuselage.

Old June 12th 20, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Related to Pez D. Spencer's "Lingus"? ;-)
Old June 12th 20, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wyll Surf Air

On Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 6:32:59 PM UTC-7, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 9:08:21 PM UTC-4, Wyll Surf Air wrote:
To my knowledge, the Nixus fuselage was purchased directly from schempp-hirth.

No, Nixus has an ASH-30 (Schleicher) fuselage.

Your right, brain fart on my part. Either way, it was purchased directly from the manufacturer.

Nixus Project [email protected] Soaring 17 April 10th 19 09:06 AM
Nixus project? Dave Nadler Soaring 2 December 18th 18 02:38 AM
Need a Nixus Fixus! Dave Nadler Soaring 0 February 23rd 18 09:24 PM
Jim Payne and Dennis Tito's long wave flight yesterday Paul Remde Soaring 2 May 31st 13 05:28 PM
906 miles using 10 thermal by Jim Payne yesterday! Stewart Kissel Soaring 3 July 6th 07 04:11 PM