When did this group change from?

Old September 2nd 08, 03:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

Default When did this group change from?

Glenn added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Not hardly. What I'm doing is challenging the very bigotry
you seem to be defending, including your own cheap shots.

well the advice was free but if you think they were cheap, I
look forward to your payment.

My payment is pointing out that many people in this NG have
outmoded ideas and that promoting an obsolete standard for posting
amounts to blind hatred and bigotry towards those who challenge it.
As for you, you made your own bed, now lie in it.

--
HP, aka Jerry

Don't be a fop or a blooter, make only pithy comments on Usenet

Old September 2nd 08, 03:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

Alan Erskine added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

To continue the same argument here... where does it say the
images have to be original? As long as they are on-topic,
there should be no problem. As has been noted on .animals,
not all of the images shown on this group have ever been
original - you might want to talk to Mitchell about original
works - he's been posting here for some years now and he's not
the only one.

Also, if it is original work, you are placing that on a
public-access newsgroup; therefore, you have little say in
what is actually done to your images after they are posted -
how do you prove that you took them? There is no copyright
info attached; nobody can contact the OP (both Original Poster
and Original Producer) to ask for permission. Do you really
think people are simple looking at these images? I have
collected litterally thousands of images over the years - no
way of telling who the OP is or was.

You are mostly right about copyrights. Copyrights do not protect
ideas, they protect the expression of ideas. So, photographs are
expressions of the idea of capturing a particular subject to a
permanent media. A copyright is automatically granted to the
photographer. Now, it could happen that there are many
photographers taking almost identical photos as you have. They
all get an automatic copyright. Now, if one intends to defend
their copyright against infringers, one must register the
expression of the idea with the copyright office or a court case
cannot be heard. So, you are basically right that original
pictures posted here effectively enter the public domain because
most/all posters do not feel the need for formal copyright
registration and thus let their pictures go. Nothing wrong with
that.

What is wrong here is the notion that only original work is
allowed. If the collective group really wants to do that, it
should modify the FAQs and enforce them vigorously. But, they
should also be prepared for a huge drop in good content being
posted here if alternate sources of pictures are forbidden.

Old September 2nd 08, 03:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

alanr added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Sorry for the trolling Jerry. it's the beer. YoU uNderStAnd
dontcha? I had a Mo-Par once. Bellhousing broke. Been driving
something else since. Moe, Larry cheese! Moe, Larry cheese!

I don't evangelize cars made by my company. Everyone is free to buy
whatever car(s) they like. That's part of the great freedoms we
enjoy in this country. My only comment on buying any car from any
company is to consider the domestic content of the car because our
economy depends to a large degree on workers paying income taxes
and businesses being profitable and then paying corporate income
taxes.

As to your particular problem, it has always made me chuckle that
people who buy a Chrysler product and have some serious problem
believe that all Chrysler products from then on are junk. What
makes this even more humorous is that these same people have
similar problems with their new make(s) only now they're afraid to
tell anybody about it. Example: there's a guy in my neighborhood
who buy Jap cars. Every now and then his car simply disappears for
days at a time. I've asked him where it is but he is vague about
it. I finally figured out that it's in the shop being repaired but
my neighbor is afraid to admit he bought a lemon from some
supposedly perfect Jap company.

So, investigate all the cars that fit your need and buy the best
one. Keep in mind that the American Big Three have vehicles that
the Asians do not and vice versa.

Old September 2nd 08, 03:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

alanr added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Merri-lee we troll along troll along troll along....

Why don't you try some pithy comments instead of proving you're a
fop and a blooter. If you don't know what these words mean,
Google is your best friend but in short, you're a fool, plain and
simple.

"HEMI-Powered" wrote in message
Glenn added these comments in the current discussion du jour

"HEMI-Powered" wrote in message
Maple1 added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

When I first discovered this group it was a place for
aviation enthusiasts to share their work. A place to show
your photos and a place to share original work. When did
this group change from that to a group that you flood with
photos from other sources? Must be all those young
computer geeks that spend so much time in front of the
computer that they don't have time nor the talent to get a
camera and take some photos of their own. Soon when all us
who still shoot are dead and gone all we will have is
others posting our work and all the originality will be
gone It is a shame.

What difference does it make if an OP posts his or her own
photos or whether they post scans or pictures gleaned from
other places? It seems to me that so long as they are
on-topic and have something to do with aviation in the
broadest sense, why isn't that OK? This bigoted view
reminds me of the change from aeronautical engineer to
aerospace engineer in deference to the space race, so why
is it bad to post pictures of NASA vehicles so long as
they're of reasonable size and in JPEG format? If you want
only original works, I think you'll find that the amount of
content posted will drop off dramatically to the detriment
of the group.

I see your still bitching about other peoples views.

Kinda makes you the Bigot doesn't it.

Old September 2nd 08, 03:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
L*e*e*

"alanr" wrote in news:Ytavk.644398$I42.529731
@fe04.news.easynews.com:

Hemi head wanna be.

Alan Einstein wannabe.

--------------
Here's *my* funny sig from an ABPA thread on 08/16/08:
Alan Erskine says... "I've got an IQ of 151"
"I'm in the 99th percentile for my age group - that's the top 1 percent"
(nice math there, Einstein!) "I doubt very strongly that you know
anyone in my range of IQ" (Thankfully, NO!)
Lee discussing newsserver retention:
"...I can go back about 6 months..."
Alan Erskine interrupts with:
"Why should we wait for six months to download an image
that was posted yesterday?"
Old September 2nd 08, 04:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_3_]

"HEMI-Powered" wrote in message
It's past time for you to Shut The **** Up and go away. Your blind
hatred rants are of no use to anyone except to prove that you're an
idiot.

What "blind hatred rants..." are you referring to? I just can't stand
trolls (like you), that's all.

Old September 2nd 08, 04:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

L*e*e* added these comments in the current discussion du jour

Hemi head wanna be.

Alan Einstein wannabe.

I'm not a "wanne be" of anyone, but certainly not the loon Alan
Erskine.

Old September 2nd 08, 04:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Alan Erskine added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

It's past time for you to Shut The **** Up and go away. Your
blind hatred rants are of no use to anyone except to prove
that you're an idiot.

What "blind hatred rants..." are you referring to? I just
can't stand trolls (like you), that's all.

You must be learning impaired besides stupid, ignorant,
inexperienced, and naive. And, bigoted towards people who disagree
with your old-fashioned ideas. If you want references to what I
mean, simply read your own rants and those of the other Outhouse
Depressed bigots who would rather stay with a ****-assed non-news
reader and complain than get a real one, for free, like Xnews and
the yEnc issue simply goes away.

As to this group changing, it'll be the end of the group if the
narrow-minded clique that advocates original photos only gets their
way. That's a sad day for everyone who comes here looking for good
aviation pictures and not flame wars over non-issues.

Now, go away, boy, you bore me.

Old September 2nd 08, 04:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 11:35:09 -0400, HEMI-Powered wrote
(in article ):

L*e*e* added these comments in the current discussion du jour

Hemi head wanna be.

Alan Einstein wannabe.

I'm not a "wanne be" of anyone, but certainly not the loon Alan
Erskine.

has anyone seen Alan-me-lad post even one picture to this group?

Old September 2nd 08, 05:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Herman

HEMI must be suffering from some sexual frustration. Using "****" and
"****ing" three times in one sentence is really pitiful.

"alanr" schreef in bericht
Troll+

"HEMI-Powered" wrote in message
Alan Erskine added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

"Maple1" wrote in message

Don't worry about this HEMI idiot he does nothing but cause
problems (aka "troll").

Alan, you've proven again that you're nothing but a ****ing moron.
So, my advice to you is Shut The **** Up and go the **** away,
nobody gives a Flying **** what you think or say. Got it yet,
imbecile?

--
HP, aka Jerry

Don't be a fop or a blooter, make only pithy comments on Usenet

asw-19 yahoo group?? other asw19 group? Jim Culp Soaring 1 February 11th 07 02:12 PM
Last Change for Top Gun Zomby Woof Simulators 3 October 1st 05 04:20 AM
[igc-discuss] To change or not to change... rules ? Denis Soaring 0 February 16th 05 07:24 PM
Oil change. Tony Cox Owning 14 October 20th 04 04:31 PM
change of name. M. H. Greaves Military Aviation 6 April 10th 04 04:49 PM