I wonder if Chris Thomas is a real pilot? Anybody know?

Old August 24th 04, 02:55 AM
RobertR237

Bob Reed dreamed:
I only wish there has been an honest choice for President this year.

Phil Williamson replied:
There was. It was four years ago when the Republican party allowed
GW Bush & Co. to drag his name through the mud.

Bob Reed responded:
Please, don't tell me you are talking about Al (I suddenly got religion)

Gore.
What a friggen joke. He goes to Viet Nam as a journalist, never got close

the fighting, suddenly got religion and sent back stateside to attend

divinity
school only to drop out a few months later. Yes, he has a lot of room to

throw
stones from inside his own glass house.

Bob,
While Phil's reply is obviously (and needlessly) vague, I suspect he might
have been referring to another potential Republican nominee, such as John
McCain or Bob Dole.

Phil,
Unless you simply enjoy being mysterious, perhaps you should clear the air.

Russell Kent

Dole would have made a good President but McCain...Thanks but no Thanks.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old August 24th 04, 02:58 AM
RobertR237

Gentlemen,

I didn't criticize any one of you, I only stated a fact about your selected
leader. I do not have to list any of Bush's bumblings, he makes a fool out
of himself everyday. I am fond of only one of his policies and that
concerns abortion. The rest of his decisions (which are probably not his to
begin with) are terrible.

I am not necessarily fond of Kerry either, and I wouldn't vote for Nader.
What's a shame is that this country can only have two people to choose from
when it comes time to elect a leader. But I guess that's what happens when
you live in a false democracy.

Sincerely,
Stan Kapushinski

We only have two people to choose from because the American People have decided
that is what they want. When they finally get sick of the candidates put forth
by those two parties, they will finally accept one or more additional parties.
It is not a false democracy, only what the people are willing to accept.

Old August 24th 04, 03:06 AM
Rich S.

"Stan Kap" wrote in message
What's a shame is that this country can only have two people to choose

from
when it comes time to elect a leader. But I guess that's what happens

when
you live in a false democracy.

Mr. Kap.........

It is a shame that you do not identify yourself as an American. Since you
said "your selected leader" I know not if you are not an American citizen or
simply a foreign critic.

It also seems that you are unfamiliar with the American political system.
America is *not* a democracy. America is a constitutional republic. We are a
union of individual states, tied together by an agreement known as the
Constitution of the United States. Through this Constitution, we elect a
leader. Each state has its own rules and laws as to how its votes are cast
for this leader, who we call the President.

For the most part, these rules and laws are very similar, but they differ in
details, such as the primary elections and how each state casts its
electoral votes. In most states, citizens can indicate their preference at
the polls for any candidate of their choosing. Even before the election,
there are conventions and primaries which put various candidates before the
electorate for their examination and selection.

Yes, the final election usually boils down to two candidates. This is the
result of months (if not years) of winnowing out the minority and
unelectable candidates. During this time they are able to put their
platforms and ideas before the electorate for examination and debate.

As in any election, those who can attract the most support tend to be the
front runners. If you are a citizen of the United States of America and go
to the polls, you should ask yourself, "Have I participated in the process?
Have i supported the candidate of my choice with my earnings or my efforts?
Have I gone out and drummed up votes with door-to-door campaigning?"

If you have not done any of these, you really have no standing to be
bitching about the selections available to you on the ballot. You should be
thanking the founders of this great nation that you have any choice at all.

Rich "Citizen and activist" S.

Old August 24th 04, 04:39 AM
Stan Kap

Rich,

Of course, I live in the US I was born here, but I sometime wonder why I
stay. I know this country is not a democracy, but the talking heads keep
telling us it is. Then they have the gall to say they are giving Iraqi's
freedom and democracy, yea right. The only thing they are doing in Iraq is
setting up their little hood winking scheme similar to the one they have
going in this country.

I do vote for the effect (another scam), but I realize it does not matter
since the Electoral College elects the president anyway. Why do I go along
with this farce? I still ask myself that question. After every election,
people realize the Electoral College elects the president, and then two
months later, after chasing their tails at their menial jobs, if they even
have one, they forget about it. Then four years later another election, and
so on, and so on...........

Maybe someday, the people of this country will wake up, maybe not. I am not
a perfect person, but I will defend what is right and just and I will also
speak my mind even in the face of extreme opposition. Someday some of you
will too.

Sincerely,

Stan Kapushinski, PE, BSME, MSME, CFI

Old August 24th 04, 05:07 AM
B2431

From: "Stan Kap"
Date: 8/23/2004 8:34 PM Central Daylight Time
Gentlemen,

I didn't criticize any one of you, I only stated a fact about your selected
leader. I do not have to list any of Bush's bumblings, he makes a fool out
of himself everyday. I am fond of only one of his policies and that
concerns abortion. The rest of his decisions (which are probably not his to
begin with) are terrible.

I am not necessarily fond of Kerry either, and I wouldn't vote for Nader.
What's a shame is that this country can only have two people to choose from
when it comes time to elect a leader. But I guess that's what happens when
you live in a false democracy.

Sincerely,
Stan Kapushinski

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Stan Kap wrote:

Bush is an idiot, period.

Stan K.

They say it takes one to know one.

Matt

You just don't get it do you? Saying "Bush is an idiot, period" is not an
argument it is a statement by someone who doesn't want an intelligent
discussion. We have had presidents who have pulled some idiotic stunts, but we
have never had an "idiot" for a president. The fact he completed a master's
degree should tell you otherwise. He's dyslexic and to have got a 4 year degree
is very difficult for dyslexic. I ought to know since I am also dyslexic. If
you and I had met to discuss the election and you started out that way you
would immediately find yourself alone.

Do you refer to his stumbling with words? I do too when public speaking. I have
done it many times because I simply don't like doing it and I stutter anyway.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old August 24th 04, 11:04 AM
Del Rawlins

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:39:33 -0400, "Stan Kap"
wrote:

Maybe someday, the people of this country will wake up, maybe not. I am not
a perfect person, but I will defend what is right and just and I will also
speak my mind even in the face of extreme opposition. Someday some of you
will too.

That is a typical attitude of those on the left, that only they are
capable of having a principled position. Their opposition are either
stupid, or brainwashed tools of their masters. Quite telling, really.

Del Rawlins--
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply
Old August 24th 04, 11:38 AM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Richard Riley says...

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:10:19 -0400, Matt Whiting
wrote:

:
:And not only do you vote, but they tell you who to vote for! Just like
:Chicago...

I thought in Chicago they just voted for you. Kind of eliminating the
middle man.

In Chicago even the dead vote ,have done it for years. Gee ya gotta love the
patriotism of those folks!! :-)

See ya

Chuck (vote 'em in ,vote 'em out) S

Old August 24th 04, 12:57 PM
PAW

"RobertR237" wrote in message

I am ****ed as hell at Bush but Kerry's voting record in the Senate is

greater fear to me than four more years of Bush. I only wish there has

been an
honest choice for President this year.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

There was. It was four years ago when the Republican party allowed GW

Bush &
Co. to drag his name through the mud.

Phil Williamson

Please, don't tell me you are talking about Al (I suddenly got religion)

Gore.
What a friggen joke. He goes to Viet Nam as a journalist, never got close

the fighting, suddenly got religion and sent back stateside to attend

divinity
school only to drop out a few months later. Yes, he has a lot of room to

throw
stones from inside his own glass house.

As for Kerry, he threw his medals away when it suited his purpose but now

wants
to retrieve them and wear them as some sort of badge of honor. Sorry, you
threw them away and don't deserve to put them back on now.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

I'm talking about Mr. John McCain.

Phil

Old August 24th 04, 01:08 PM
PAW

snipped

Judge (to Kerry): On the charges of murder in the first degree, and
the other crimes against humanity, how do you plead?

Attorney for Kerry: Bush is an idiot. The defense rests.

My first thought when I read a statement such as "Bush is an idiot,

period"
is...If Bush is such an Idiot and you are so damn smart, why aren't you

the
President?

Bob Reed

I completed my military commitment, does not that make me ineligible for
office?

Phil

Pilot Error? Is it Mr. Damron? Badwater Bill Home Built 3 June 23rd 04 04:05 PM
sport pilot humor Occom Home Built 0 April 9th 04 04:22 PM
Single-Seat Accident Records (Was BD-5B) Ron Wanttaja Home Built 41 November 20th 03 05:39 AM
Effect of Light Sport on General Aviation Gilan Home Built 17 September 24th 03 06:11 AM