Survived

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 9th 03, 08:50 PM
Jeff Osier-Mixon

You can say that again! Our insurance company is being VERY COOL about
the whole thing and have purchased a new prop, as we couldn't find a
used one to overhaul and mine was technically dead by mandate after the
prop strike. They are paying outright for lots of stuff, though having
to fix the problem---worn and misrigged gear downlock/retract parts---is
going to cost me in the neighborhood of $3000. Raytheon gets almost
$1000 alone for a small pressure switch in the pitot system.

Then again, after the tear-down and subsequent rebuild, everything on
the plane will be perfect, right? duck

Thomas Lembessis wrote:

Sounds like you have a good insurance company. Back in 1989, the right
main gear didn't come down in my Seneca. My first thought after q
tipping the right prop was "thank goodness my deductable is $500"
Sure!

My insurance company wouldn't pay for worn out parts that Mattituck
found during the teardown. And since the right prop had some 1000 hrs
on it, they tried to prorate this against the cost of a new prop. (as
opposed to against the cost of an overhaul). They (Comav insurance)
eventually paid me for a new prop.

Total cost to me was $6100 , including repairing the gear (an SDR was
written up for the trunion bolt) Some 500 deductable, huh?

Thomas Lembessis
ATP, F/E (B727)

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:waVOa.17800$H17.5859@sccrnsc02...

Yep, that was our major mistake. No more parking for us! From now on,
ALL landings are to be touch and go...

Wow -- what a story.

Sorry to hear it -- but think how cool that 3-blade prop's gonna look!