Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path?

Old March 17th 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
WJRFlyBoy

Default Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path?

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:00:14 -0400, Orval Fairbairn wrote:

I develop real estate with a slant to the niche, luxury market place
(beach, bay, waterfront at the present.) In my area of SW FL, there is
only one airpark and, imo, it's not up to what folks want.

The picture that I am getting is that "WJRFlyBoy" has a vested interest
in shutting down the airpark at North Captiva. Just how many new
(expe$sive) home$ can he build there if he can force the place to close?

None would be my answer. The last thing I would want is to

1) have my named attached to a closing then
2) Have my name attached to a new development.
3) Raise public (incorrect) perceptions to the safety issues
4) Have my name attached to a new development.

In a previous posting I recited one of my criteria for an airpark place
to live: "Big enough to defend itself when the Philistines attack." Is
"WJRFlyBoy" one of those Philistines?

lol

North Captiva is small, apparently with only 20-30 homes there.

Many more than that.

The
residents would have to shell out a lot of money in lawyers' fees if
somebody mounted a strong movement against them.

They got it, I doubt there are any homes under $1M

The Chicken Littles
would pour out of the woodwork, crying "The sky is FALLING!" In steps
Mr. Foxy Loxy, promising to develop houses on the site, if only they can
get rid of those pesky, dangerous airplanes.

So much for the above, Orval.
--
Remove numbers for gmail and for God's sake it ain't "gee" either!
Old March 17th 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
WJRFlyBoy

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 08:09:54 -0700 (PDT), cavedweller wrote:

I apologize for thinking you were pre-flight student, but your few hundred
hours of flying doesn't show in your concerns in this thread.

Hmmmm. Perhaps the reason for your confusion is:

"WJRFlyBoy
More options Nov 22 2007, 3:16 pm
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.student, rec.aviation.piloting
From: WJRFlyBoy
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:16:22 -0500
Subject: Advice Requested
It's time to stop talking and start doing so I would appreciate any
advice
on how to assess a flight school, instructor, pricing and any other
suggestions.

See signature below.

"I hesitate to add to this discussion because I'm not an instructor,
just a rather slow student who's not qualified to give advice that
might kill someone."
Old March 17th 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
WJRFlyBoy

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 10:20:12 -0700, gatt wrote:

Buncha developers getting their asses handed to them in Oregon. They came
out, developed everything--still are--as fast as possible pretty much ruined
the landscape. From the tree nursery I grew up on up on the hill east of
Troutdale, you can see the development spreading across the landscape like
mold on cheese. The first wave is bulldozers and homes most Oregonians
can't afford. The second wave involves gang grafitti, increased vandalism
and armed robbery, rising crime statistics, falling property values and huge
new homes all around our farm built by the people who "develop" Portland.

Not so much the case in FL but I have seen the same kind of disdain for
the environment and it is a f***ing shame.

They shut down NWPilot's historical old grass strip airport for development.
Last time I drove by, it's closed, but the field itself is still
undeveloped. 'Course with the huge condos all around so close to the
airport that they required red lights on the roof, it's no surprise that
complaints against the airport exploded and the outside developers were able
to make a case to shut it down.

-c

The airport/airpark business is a tough development mark to hit. It is
highly specialized, noise, post 9/11 fears, drug trafficking, high
liabilities, difficult financing, the list is long.

On the flip side, there are a lot of airports For Sale.
Old March 17th 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
WJRFlyBoy

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 07:11:42 -0700 (PDT), BobR wrote:

I hesitate to add to this discussion because I'm not an instructor,
just a rather slow student who's not qualified to give advice that
might kill someone.- Hide quoted text -

So according to you, everybody

I didn't say everybody. You and I have this issue every time we post.
You go off half-cocked, posting a bunch of self-determining hooey as
fact.

over reacted to your oh so simple
request for information.

Simple? I don;t see anything simple about this thread. Or the airpark
business. Or determined the truth in the statistics of which, have you
done your homework on that? I have and posted the same. More Bob Hooey.

I would contend that you in fact brought it
on yourself from the very first post forward and the one that finally
got me involved was totally off the charts.

. Whenever you have 600 airplanes residing in a place, you are going
. have SOME incidents --ranging from groundloops to full-house
"screwing
. the pooch."

YOUR RESPONSE BELOW:

.Let's start this over Captiva.
.
.Planes...landing..people...mistakes..houses...too close...imminent
death.
.
.Yes?

See the question mark? =See, there it is again, another question mark.
Wanna see another? =There it is. Learning anything? =There's another
one.

Question marks are not for statement, they are, for, er, lemme see.
Questions.

Let me repeat my previous answer to you in this thread, this time take
notes.

Ready? =There's another one.

"Is the Subject Of This Thread too hard for you?

Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path? = =

"You attack like a rabid Muppet on crack. It's clear as a
bright summer day why you get the treatment you get almost every time
you post. You foist the most ludicrous, self contradictory arguments
I've ever seen anyone even attempt in my entire life, then try and
defend them. You're absolutely insane. Obsessed.

Feel free to stay in character and scream about what a "troll" I am
some more for pointing out your glaringly obvious dishonesty."

.
.Make sense?
.????

In the future, you might get a much more acceptable response by
stating you purpose and engaging in a reasoned discussion of the
issues. You instead decided on an approach that you fully well knew
would result in exactly the response you got and then whine about
it.

Only whining I hear is yours.

Rinse, dry, repeat the above.
Old March 17th 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 17, 5:18 pm, WJRFlyBoy wrote:
WJRFlyBoy [endless]
blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah

Dude... you should spend less time typing, and more time flying.

Or reading about flying.

Or watching airplanes.

Dan Mc

From: WJRFlyBoy
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:16:22 -0500
It's time to stop talking and start doing so I would appreciate any
advice
on how to assess a flight school, instructor, pricing and any other
suggestions.

See signature below.

"I hesitate to add to this discussion because I'm not an instructor,
just a rather slow student who's not qualified to give advice that
might kill someone."- Hide quoted text -

But you said, upthread, "..but it's not like I haven't had a few
hundred hours in single/twin in the left seat." Sorry to quibble but
I confuse easily, you see.....

From: WJRFlyBoy
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:16:22 -0500
It's time to stop talking and start doing so I would appreciate any
advice
on how to assess a flight school, instructor, pricing and any other
suggestions.

See signature below.

"I hesitate to add to this discussion because I'm not an instructor,
just a rather slow student who's not qualified to give advice that
might kill someone."- Hide quoted text -

But you said, upthread, "..but it's not like I haven't had a few
hundred hours in single/twin in the left seat." * Sorry to quibble but
I confuse easily, you see.....

MS Flight Sim- Hide quoted text -

I'm still struggling with the double negative in the quote above. No
matter.
I should clip, too.....next time maybe.
Old March 17th 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

On Mar 17, 4:18*pm, WJRFlyBoy wrote:
[...]

Overall, you have gotten the responses you asked for and deserved. If
you had wanted to discuss airparks, airpark living, or even the
liability issues of airparks, you went about it in a very strange and
confrontational manner from the outset.

So bitch on, you clearly have nothing to add so PLOINK!

Old March 17th 08, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

On Mar 17, 6:20*am, WJRFlyBoy wrote:
On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 05:09:55 -0600, Neil Gould wrote:
Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path? is the Subject, note the ?

*You might even have to decide to give the airplane
to the insurance company someday, if a particularly crappy incident
happens to you - if you take up being a pilot. *Planes and houses
don't grow on trees, but they are much easier to replace than people.

I suppose you could say you are at a higher risk if you live within
two miles of any airport. *Is it a reasonable risk? *I think so.

Two miles and 20 meters is entirely 2 different discussions.

(rest snipped for brevity)

Having read many of your posts, I have to agree with Morgans' suggestion
that you argue less and listen more. Once you start your flight training
you will find that many of your current concerns in areas such as this are
unwarranted. In the meantime, your arguments with those who actually fly
and understand the relevant issues neither serve your ultimate goal nor
help those who, like you, participate in this group to learn because
authoritatively stated misinformation is counterproductive.

A brief example; you will learn that you can't be off the runway by 20
meters at most airports without things getting ugly. You will also learn
that there will be times when you will be unable to take off or land at a
chosen airport, and how to judge those times reasonably well.

Be patient, listen, and learn!

Best,

Neil

I appreciate the thought Neil but it's not like I haven't had a few
hundred hours in single/twin in the left seat.

WOW! WJRFlyBoy has a "few hundred hours in single/twin in the left
seat."!

That seems rather strange from someone who only four months ago was
stating that it was time to stop talking and start doin
something....about taking flight training. You must have spent every
waking hour since then doing nothing but flying.

In case you need a small reminder here is you post from a thread you
started on Nov.22, 2007 titled Advice Requested:

1. WJRFlyBoy

It's time to stop talking and start doing so I would appreciate any
advice on how to assess a flight school, instructor, pricing and any
other suggestions. No advice too basic, trust me Including what I
should have included in this post or requested in the first place TIA
Location: SW Florida/Bonita Springs Objective: Flight for business (SE
USA), travel between two homes (Caribbean) and simple pleasure My Age:
mid 50s -- Remove numbers for gmail and for God's sake it ain't "gee"
either!

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.student, rec.aviation.piloting

So who was lying....the FlyBoy in November or the FlyBoy in March?
Let me guess, maybe the one who posted the following on Feb.28?

1. WJRFlyBoy View profile
More options Feb 28, 4:11 am

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.student, rec.aviation.piloting
From: WJRFlyBoy
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 04:11:04 -0500
Subject: The Differences Between PPLicensing And Learning
Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
I have been reading the various threads about spins, forced landings,
etc
and talking with CFIs. The road to a PPL is preset in requirements by
FAA.
I see that most people are happy to do nothing more than that. Outside
of
the cost factors, I find this much more than curious considering the
consequences. You can get killed, that one keeps jumping out at me

I am asking the group for assistance in developing a list of
instructional
and solo experiences, testing, mandatory reading.....if you ran the
FAA,
what would you require in a near-perfect world that a PPL would
require? I
am a zero-hour wannabe pilot FYI

For a start, I won't begin my first instruction until I can do the
following:

Pass all tests with a 95% minimum
Handle with ease all traffic control and similar commo
Dissect the anatomy of my training aircraft
Understand what and how the instrumentation works (shortcomings
included)
Own all the fundamentally necessary flight gear (i.e carry-ons in
flight
bag or on person)
Obtain hours in flight simulation
More...enough for now.

TIA. The group is an extremely valuable resource; I sincerely doubt I
would
be so focused and confident without your past, present and future
work
here.

Hell, I don't think you have even started flight training yet and you
want to call yourself...FlyBOY. Time for you to go back to flying
model planes.

Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path? WJRFlyBoy Piloting 257 March 28th 08 01:26 PM
Airparks... .Blueskies. Owning 9 May 8th 06 04:14 PM
Airparks and clubs around Phoenix AZ ? gilan Home Built 3 March 9th 06 01:07 PM
Airparks near Austin TX TIm Gilbert Owning 14 October 3rd 05 03:18 PM
A New, New Direction for a Beaten Dead Horse Shawn Soaring 0 February 25th 05 01:57 PM