Soaring Status at Hemet?

Old June 24th 10, 05:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Boggs

Default Soaring Status at Hemet?

Can anyone tell me what the status is of the law suite to get a
soaring operation back at Hemet, California?

Boggs
Old June 24th 10, 05:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Jun 23, 10:03*pm, GARY BOGGS wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the status is of the law suite to get a
soaring operation back at Hemet, California?

Boggs

I think the FAA decision has been delayed until August. Until then
they are flying from dispersed locations.

May 19th correspondence

Save Hemet Soaring Wheels Continue to Grind So Slowly

Most recent indications from the FAA are now "mid-August". The County
is retiring many in the "old guard" so hopefully we can get a
"restart" with some more creative minds at the EDA. All in all this
seems to be going in our favor and we will NOT GIVE UP !!! Riverside
County is in the midst of a financial meltdown and as I have stated
previously probably lacks the administrative bandwidth to deal with an
easy issue like us. Thus the wheels will grind slowly.

Until then enjoy sending your property tax, tiedown fees, and avgas
payments to other Counties like Kern, King, and San Bernardino. Wake
up Riverside!

To err is human, to really screw up takes a politician...I'm starting
to understand the Tea Party movement.

To all that care, thank you for your support!

LT aka HU
Old June 28th 10, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HoUdino

The latest that we can talk about is always at:

http://groups.google.com/group/save-...et-today?hl=en

We (the County and ourselves) wait on the FAA. The County refuses to
negociate in the interim. The political and financial aspects continue
to be revealed. The County is not seeking FAA money for the HMT
improvements which leads us to believe the refusal to negociate is a
delay tactic rather than a sincere interest in knowing if the old long
safe situation was acceptable to the FAA. A recent article in the
local newspaper highlighted the "creative" way the County is trying to
finance the improvements...kind of like two broke drunks (the County
and the State of CA) promising to buy each other a beer! We have
always maintained the position that we could continue to operate while
coordinating with CDF.

See: http://www.pe.com/localnews/publicsa...23.d8f839.html

The FAA could withhold future funds in other County owned airports
based on the County's actions at HMT. I don't think the County has
figured this out yet or choses to sweep it under the rug for the
moment. The County has many problems, many far larger than ourselves,
so the wheels of Truth Justice and the American way move slowly.

We have our friends, they continue to feed us info which we stockpile
as ammo. We could win at the FAA and still loose with the County. This
was a 50/50 battle going in and remains that way.

LT