"TOP GUN" picked as best movie for EAA theater?

Old May 5th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

Default "TOP GUN" picked as best movie for EAA theater?

("Dudley Henriques" wrote)
They "sound very much alike" I'm told :-))

Sound something like this?

"It's almost noon and you haven't started the lawn. Also, the garage needs
sweeping. You'll be helping you mother out today by taking your little
brother to swimming lessons this afternoon, ...and when you get back from
that, you can finish weeding the garden - like you were suppose to do last
week, but didn't. Oh, and hey mister, if you can't put my tools away when
you're done using them, then I don't want you touching them in the first
place! Don't forget to check the oil in the mower --- BEFORE you use it this
time! And what's this I hear, from your mother, that you want to take flying
lessons? ....Flying lessons? Why don't you fly around here this afternoon,
getting your chores done, and maybe we'll talk about it tonight at supper.
Flying lessons. Sheez. Next week it will be guitar lessons, No wait, that
was last week. Flying lessons."

Montblack

Old May 5th 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Richard Riley" wrote)
I had to. In high school I dated Kelly's little sister Kathy.

That "Tops" my sitting next to (The Brady Bunch) Cindy Brady's first cousin,
in elementary school.

Montblack

Old May 5th 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Luke Skywalker

On May 5, 12:51 pm, Richard Riley wrote:
On Sat, 5 May 2007 12:12:29 -0500, "Montblack"

The McGillises were very much into theater. Their mom, Joan, still
directs local stage productions.

Kelly McGillis, last I was in Key West was running a theatre/resturant
there...still a "hottie" and all of the character she played in
TGUN....which is more or less based on a real woman...who is a hottie
as well.. KM is very kind, including possing for some photos...

The alure of a smart woman...

Robert

Old May 5th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Luke Skywalker

On May 5, 1:56 pm, Richard Riley wrote:
On 5 May 2007 11:18:12 -0700, Luke Skywalker
wrote:

My old test pilot, Rick Fessenden, took the first f-18 through Fighter
Weapons School (Top Gun) - he told me that everything about the movie
was completely fake except for the stunning blond expert on Russian
fighter tactics. He never did tell me her name.

Her "nick" was the same as KM used...and the "real one" was/is
stunning...Ms. McGillis did her justice. No one was dating the real
one...she is happily married...

And everything else about the movie was "stylized"...

Robert

Old May 5th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Dudley Henriques wrote:

I didn't know that rode Segway's back then! :-)

Matt

Isn't this the machine that was "going to revolutionize transportation by
man on earth? :-)
Dudley Henriques

You gotta admit, it was one hellofa good scam. Take a $500 electric scooter,
replace a couple wheels with "gee-wiz" controls, sell it for $5000, and let
the "media" tell everyone what a great idea it is.

Oh, yea, and when the battery goes dead, you do a face plant on the
pavement.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old May 6th 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

I actually know someone who bought one. He says it's on the fritz more than
it's running.
:-)
DH

news:rJedneH2K8bgmaDbnZ2dnUVZ_vCknZ2d@wideopenwest .com...

Old May 6th 07, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
GeorgeC[_2_]

I second 12'oclock high. I hear the USAF still uses it as a training film.

On Fri, 4 May 2007 19:57:43 -0400, "Dudley Henriques"
wrote:

"John T" wrote in message
Which of you clowns voted for top gun??

Would have voted for 12'oclock high. One of the finest films I've ever seen.
Dudley Henriques

GeorgeC
Old May 6th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

"GeorgeC" wrote in message
I second 12'oclock high. I hear the USAF still uses it as a training film.

I've been away from things for awhile, but I believe that is true. The film
was also used by civilian fortune 500 companies to aclimate their executives
to the management stress issue if I'm not mistaken.
Dudley Henriques

Old May 6th 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
news

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
news

You are absolutely correct. Sorry for the "fowpah" :-))

A slip or blunder in etiquette, manners, or conduct, is a "faux pas". A
"fowpah" is a small, two-wheeled, cartlike utility vehicle pulled by one
person, formerly used widely in Tibet. They sound very much alike.
:-))

Actually, a fowpah is an FAA colloquial flying question segment dealing
with an inquiry scenario as in a young FAA administrator pointing to the
stick in an airplane and asking his pilot father,
"Hey......what's this thing fowpah?"

BAH.DAH.BING!!

Old polish aircraft TS-8 "Bies" ("Bogy") - for sale >pk Aviation Marketplace 0 October 16th 06 07:48 AM
FS: 1995 "Apollo 13 The Movie Storybook" out-of-print Book J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 January 1st 06 10:22 AM
New LS4 movie: "Across The Sky" Peter Millenaar Soaring 7 October 26th 05 10:39 PM