XCSkies

Old February 5th 14, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default XCSkies

On Sunday, February 2, 2014 2:15:54 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I purchased a subscription to XCSkies in November 2013 and have not been able to log in. Despite 5 emails to XCSkies I have not had the courtesy of a response.

Has anyone had such a problem or have they closed down?

D Bull

Old February 5th 14, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, February 2, 2014 2:15:54 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I purchased a subscription to XCSkies in November 2013 and have not been able to log in. Despite 5 emails to XCSkies I have not had the courtesy of a response.

Has anyone had such a problem or have they closed down?

D Bull

David, our sincere apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Your emails, and in fact many others, were not landing in the proper support folders (or even my inbox) due to an aggressive spam filtering. We use Google Business Apps for email and have never had issues like this, but some apparently changed over the holidays and we're investigating. We owe quite a few people apologies, refunds, and quick resolution. I've sent you (David) direct email regarding what we will do to rectify the situation. Thanks to those who reached out and posted to the XC Skies Forum. This was very helpful to alert us that something was wrong with some of the incoming emails. Again, all apologies and we'll reply to each and every questions and issue that didn't reach us over the last several weeks. And Walter is right--we're quite busy this week two at the AMS meeting in Atlanta (no soaring here either!) presenting our data mining techniques which will soon be leveraged in new ways for our badly needed tech refresh of the UI. So stay tuned and we'll post news on the XC Skies web site as things ramp up this early spring.

Cheers,

Chris Galli
Old February 5th 14, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:50:49 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

PS. Sorry about those spelling errors above--that's a little embarrassing too It's been a long day.
Old February 5th 14, 08:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, February 2, 2014 5:15:54 PM UTC+10, wrote:
I purchased a subscription to XCSkies in November 2013 and have not been able to log in. Despite 5 emails to XCSkies I have not had the courtesy of a response.

Has anyone had such a problem or have they closed down?

D Bull

Thank you everyone for your feed back and suggestions. Chris emailed me today and was very apologetic for not getting back to me. There was a slight glitch in their system which has now been rectified and I can now happily use XCSkies.

Thank you Chris for your very nice response and looking after me.

Kind Regards, David Bull
Old February 6th 14, 04:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sig_ZA

Chris Galli

PS. Sorry about those spelling errors above--that's a little embarrassing too It's been a long day.

Chris please also respond to my emails from December.
Thanks.
Sigmund
Old May 7th 15, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Could someone who is able to contact and get a response from Chris please forward a message for me?
After several attempts since February I'm not sure any e-mails have got through.
Click "more message actions, reply privately to author" to this message.
Thanks,
Jim
Old April 19th 16, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6X

I paid for a subscription but my login indicates I do not have a current subscription. Numerous emails send to customer service (links provided on their website) and to Chris but no response.
Old April 19th 16, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 10:18:46 AM UTC-4, 6X wrote:
I paid for a subscription but my login indicates I do not have a current subscription. Numerous emails send to customer service (links provided on their website) and to Chris but no response.

Happened to me last year. I re-registered and it then showed a valid subscription.

2D
Old April 19th 16, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6X

I have entered payment confirm several times on subscription registration but does not update subscription status.
Old April 22nd 16, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6X

No choice due to lack of response from XCSkies but to initiate claim with credit card company for refund of subscription payment.