TSA rule 49 CFR Part 1552 (or its misinterpretation) is already preventing people from flying (even renters) (long)

Old October 21st 04, 05:47 PM
Geoffrey Barnes

Daniel,

First, I really am a U.S. citizen. I've even served as an officer in the
U.S. Navy. Nice guess on the UK, ANZ connection though. I did a masters
degree in the UK after I left the navy, and then moved to Australia for
about 15 months to complete my Ph.D. research. But I am back in the States
now, and have been for about 8 years. I live in Pittsburgh. It's a damn
nice city, by the way, although Canberra and Cambridge were both pretty nice
places to live, too. I eat red meat, potatoes, apple pie, and I'm a
registered republican (a rather pointless thing to be in Pittsburgh, which
hasn't elected a republican to the city council since the 1930s, but there
you go!). I'm sorry that I'm not the raving communist pinko foriegner that
you took me for, but I hope that the fact that I have lived overseas,
however briefly, gives you the license you need to continue to talk down to
me (and for that matter, anyone at all) as if I were a four-year-old.
Because every time you do so, you help put me in my place. Every once and a
while, I begin to think of myself as an adult, or even as a human being, and
I need to be slapped back in line by my intellectual betters. Thanks for
giving me my daily shot of reality.

Oh, and I really was talking about the president of the flying club. After
reading through the original post, I saw all kinds of things in what was
sent to the members of OP's club which indicated the the club's president
was using this new rule as an opportunity to throw his weight around. I
thought that was clear, but maybe I could have spelled it out a bit more
clearly. Gig sure seemed to understand what I was saying, but I apologize
if I confused you. I'll try to stick to single-syllables in the future, I
promise!

And Gig is right, you know. You really should get a grip. Not every last
thing is about federal politics... even this close to the election.

---

Old October 21st 04, 05:53 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Geoffrey Barnes wrote:

I thought that was clear, .....

It was.

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.

Old October 21st 04, 06:28 PM
John G.

"Geoffrey Barnes" wrote in news:9%Mdd.3237$5i5.311
@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

And I thought *I* was a power-hungry glory hound as the V.P. of my club.
But your president really sounds like he is trying to throw his weight
around on this one. He's really got me beat!

That's just one of the reasons that I left Squadron 2.

--
John Godwin
Silicon Rallye Inc.
Old October 21st 04, 08:59 PM
Bob Chilcoat

Hear hear!

--
Bob (Also an American who did both his advanced degrees abroad -UK in my
case. Good people over there.)

I don't have to like Bush and Cheney (Or Kerry, for that matter) to love
America

Old October 21st 04, 10:29 PM
John Galban

"Daniel L. Lieberman" wrote in message .. .
Gig,

Read again carefully. First) he says "your president" if it was the
president of HIS flying club he should or would have said MY president.

snip

I read the thread carefully (I suggest you try again) and it was
obvious to me that Geoffrey was replying to Bay Aviator about the
president of Bay Aviator's club.

In any event I have accomplished my goal of explaining to a probably UK or
ANZUS citizen the nature of the US government and see nothing to be gained
by further continuing this thread.

I'm sure that the non-U.S. members of this group were most
enlightened by your condescending post. A truly admirable goal.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)