Looking for A-14 (or similar) pressure breathing diluter demand regulator

Old October 30th 18, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Keith Schwab

Default Looking for A-14 (or similar) pressure breathing diluter demand regulator

Hi Everyone!
I'm looking for an A-14 regulator, or something similar, to prepare for higher altitude wave flights in the Sierra. Curious if anyone has an one laying around they might be willing to part with or lend for a season.
Thanks!
Keith

Old October 30th 18, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Craggy Aero, in his used equipment page, may have a regulator you might like.
Old October 30th 18, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 2:32:17 PM UTC-7, Keith Schwab wrote:
Hi Everyone!
I'm looking for an A-14 regulator, or something similar, to prepare for higher altitude wave flights in the Sierra. Curious if anyone has an one laying around they might be willing to part with or lend for a season.
Thanks!
Keith

There's a new A-14 regulator on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/5505-3000-Typ.../dp/B014JRBXDW
Jim
Old October 31st 18, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Keith Schwab

On Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 3:54:18 PM UTC-7, JS wrote:
On Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 2:32:17 PM UTC-7, Keith Schwab wrote:
Hi Everyone!
I'm looking for an A-14 regulator, or something similar, to prepare for higher altitude wave flights in the Sierra. Curious if anyone has an one laying around they might be willing to part with or lend for a season.
Thanks!
Keith

There's a new A-14 regulator on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/5505-3000-Typ.../dp/B014JRBXDW
Jim

Hi Jim,
Talking with Britton last year, I think this one is too old to be refurbished by Fluid Power.
Best,
Keith
Old October 31st 18, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 4:21:34 PM UTC-7, Keith Schwab wrote:
On Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 3:54:18 PM UTC-7, JS wrote:
On Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 2:32:17 PM UTC-7, Keith Schwab wrote:
Hi Everyone!
I'm looking for an A-14 regulator, or something similar, to prepare for higher altitude wave flights in the Sierra. Curious if anyone has an one laying around they might be willing to part with or lend for a season.
Thanks!
Keith

There's a new A-14 regulator on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/5505-3000-Typ.../dp/B014JRBXDW
Jim

Hi Jim,
Talking with Britton last year, I think this one is too old to be refurbished by Fluid Power.
Best,
Keith

Bugger.
If not looking for multiple lennies, Mountain High appear to have a more modern and compact system. The A34 is rated to 28,000'. Call them for details.
Those antique A-8s aren't the right tool for the job.
Jim
Old October 31st 18, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Keith Schwab

On Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 4:52:19 PM UTC-7, JS wrote:
[...]

Thanks Jim....working on my double lennie.
Old October 31st 18, 01:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

On Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 5:09:33 PM UTC-7, Keith Schwab wrote:
[...]

Keith,

I have a Puritan Bennett 112145-A that I'm not currently using. I don't want to sell it, but we may be able to work out a deal. PM me. nimbus3mail at the giant search engine.

Cheers,
Craig Funston

Old October 31st 18, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Properly maintained or overhauled and an A-8 or an A-14 will work just
fine.Â* People still fly "antique" aircraft, after all...

--
Dan, 5J
Old October 31st 18, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

Dan,

The problem is finding anyone with the rebuild parts for the A-8. I've been told that they are no longer available, unless someone has a good set hidden away. I have two A-8 regulators, but I can't even give them away without an overhaul.

MB