The "newest" Col. Potter. LOL

Old July 6th 07, 04:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Savageduck

Default The "newest" Col. Potter. LOL

Bob wrote:
On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 23:55:35 -0400, "Chaplain \(COL\) Lonnie J. Potter"
wrote:

Wow! I didn't realize my post would create such discussion.

I think I am beginning to understand now....

Agreed Bob. All is revealed. This is exploitive SPAM!

I think the "Colonel" is in the business of exploiting those who may be
sincere in their beliefs, but are locked into the philosophy of the
Christian right.

Today and in the recent past military organizations in the US and other
countries have provided for those in need of support of their faith with
the military Chaplain.
Chaplains I have known were good men bringing comfort to anguished men
(and now many women). They have risked themselves under fire. Most had a
broad understanding of many Christian denominations and religions and
did not evangelize. They did not bicker over who was Catholic, who was
Baptist, Jew, Muslim or atheist. They brought aid to all without self
aggrandizement or attempting to "save" those comfortable with themselves
not seeking to be "saved."
Chaplains of all faiths have been on the front lines of conflicts when
they can. They have fallen in battle and have been wounded and damaged
by their experiences. They are trained and know how to deal with the
psychological and spiritual trauma troops in the field suffer.

The "Colonel" needs to let the Chaplains do their job. His exploitive
presence can only interfere with that.

Savageduck
Old July 6th 07, 04:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Wayne Paul

"Savageduck" wrote in message

[...]

Well stated. Thank you.

I hope this thread goes away. It definitely is SPAM with no revelance to
the alt.binaries.pictures.aviation charter.

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Old July 6th 07, 05:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Paul Elliot

Casey Tompkins wrote:
On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 23:40:29 -0700, Bob wrote:

Why don't you STFU asshole and don't read it.

I was ordered to attend so called christian church services in basic
training and told I had to put down a christian religion on my dog
tags. I didn't like it then and I don't like paying taxes to support
military churches. The churchs want to pay chaplain wages that is
fine. Just keep my taxes out of it.

Then someone screwed up, big time. I admit that would chafe my ass,
too, but I've known too many grunts to think that was "official."
Sounds like you got stuck with a real dillweed.

Next time really screw with 'em and just declare yourself pagan...

Yes, you can do that...

When I was in the US Army, 1972-76, I had a couple of friends that were
lobbying to have their religion listed as "Wiccan". IIRC they succeeded
after a while. I supported the effort even though I am an ordained
Presbyterian elder. It is their constitutional right.

--
Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics
German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics
French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by Italians.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/paul1cart/albums/
Old July 6th 07, 05:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Paul Elliot

Wayne Paul wrote:
[...]

Even though I contributed I have to agree.

Old July 6th 07, 10:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Andrew Chaplin

"Billzz" wrote in message
"Neil Hoskins" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 19:30:00 -0400, "Chaplain \(COL\) Lonnie J. Potter"
wrote:

The "newest" Col. Potter. LOL

--
Chappie

"The United States Corps of Chaplains is not an entity of, nor
endorsed by, any branch of the military services or the United States
government."

It is a non-profit organization that discriminates by religion...

Good. Just occasionally I envy the Yanks for having secularism (pretty
much) enshrined in the constitution. Here in UK, where the Anglican church
is a branch of government, chaplains in both the armed services and
National Health Service are paid-for by the taxpayer.

Real chaplains in the US Armed forces are military officers paid by the
branch of service. I'm afraid "Colonel Potter" is not a real colonel with a
commission signed by the secretary of any US military branch. He alludes to
being an enlisted chaplain's assistant, and now has joined some organization
and assumed some position. In twenty-six years in the US Army, from private
to colonel, I have never heard of this organization.

Where does he get off presenting himself as a "colonel" without a commission?
I gather even Kentucky colonels have a commission in the state militia.

This sounds as legitimate as styling oneself "Grand Poobah."
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO