CH Yoke/rudder

Old October 21st 03, 08:55 PM
Bill

Default CH Yoke/rudder

Using above in USB versions.

Whenever I return from standby (XP) I have to reboot as windows no longer
recognizes either controller.

Anyone experience this and have a suggestion to fix this? CH so far hasn't
come up with anything.

Thanks

Bill

Old October 22nd 03, 12:06 AM
Michael Gray

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:55:15 -0400, "Bill" wrote:

Using above in USB versions.

Whenever I return from standby (XP) I have to reboot as windows no longer
recognizes either controller.

Anyone experience this and have a suggestion to fix this? CH so far hasn't
come up with anything.

Thanks

Bill

This is not a suggestion for a fix, but of a slightly quicker
workaround than a re-boot.
Try going into "Device Manager" right clicking on the device list pane
and selected "Scan for Hardware Changes".
If you are lucky, it will find the controllers again, and you won't
need a re-boot.
Old October 22nd 03, 01:42 AM
mdavis

You do have the latest CH Control Manager 2.2 installed?

Old October 22nd 03, 03:08 AM
Dashii

Sometimes with a USB device you just need to unplug it and then plug it in
again to be recognized without a re-boot.

Dashii

Old October 22nd 03, 03:11 AM
mdavis

One problem might be using a USB hub. The CH controllers seem to like their
own ports on the mobo, not strung along on a hub chain.

Old October 22nd 03, 05:31 AM
eb

Came across the following MS Knowledge Base article. KB822603. It's purpose
is to address a number of USB 1.1 and 2.0 under XP SP1, but it does state
that it addresses the following:

Your USB device does not work after you resume from an S1 or S3 power state.

I have no idea whether it will help you or not but worth a mention. It can
also be applied through Windows Update. It's listed under "recommended
updates".

Regards
Eb.

. ..

Old October 22nd 03, 06:08 AM
Bill

"Bill" wrote in message
. ..
Using above in USB versions.

Whenever I return from standby (XP) I have to reboot as windows no longer
recognizes either controller.

Anyone experience this and have a suggestion to fix this? CH so far hasn't
come up with anything.

Thanks

Bill

Thanks for all the suggestions. Will try them. I do have control manager but
its 2.1. will get 2.2.

Bill

Old October 22nd 03, 06:18 AM
Bill

Thanks but not using a hub.

Bill

Old October 22nd 03, 10:06 AM
Jari Kähkönen

mdavis wrote:

You do have the latest CH Control Manager 2.2 installed?

Copy & paste from theri web-site:

"Version 2.20 of the CH Control Manager adds support for the CH Virtual
Pilot Pro USB. Other than that, it is identical to Version 2.10. If you are
currently using Version 2.10 and are not using the Virtual Pilot Pro USB,
there is no need to install Version 2.20."

I think it doesn't do any good in this case...

-Jari