Disc. Wings Channel

Old December 23rd 03, 03:03 PM
Darren Eccles

Default Disc. Wings Channel

I know this may pertain to a private pilot question so I apoligize. The
Discovery Wings Channel had a show on following a female student through her
training for her private ticket. I had moved and was not able to follow the
show anymore, does anyone know if she got her ticket? Thanks. Oh, and was
there anything excited that happened? Just wondering. Thanks again.

Darren Eccles
Comm. Pilot - ASEL
Instrument Airplane

Old December 23rd 03, 03:20 PM
Dave Butler

Darren Eccles wrote:
I know this may pertain to a private pilot question so I apoligize. The
Discovery Wings Channel had a show on following a female student through her
training for her private ticket. I had moved and was not able to follow the
show anymore, does anyone know if she got her ticket? Thanks. Oh, and was
there anything excited that happened? Just wondering. Thanks again.

This really probably belongs on rec.aviation.piloting, or rec.aviation.student.

The series is called "Learning to Fly", and it's excellent. It follows a student
pilot through a series of lessons and includes footage of in-flight instruction
and ground instruction. I think there are 5 1-hour episodes in the series. I
TiVoed and taped it, but I lent out the tapes and haven't gotten them back.

They repeat the series from time to time on Discovery Wings, check your program
guide.

I've forgotten who the instructor is, but the quality of instruction is
excellent, IMO. I took some notes from his techniques in case I ever become an
instructor. The instruction all takes place at one of our favorite airports, OSH.

Dave
Remove SHIRT to reply directly.

Old December 23rd 03, 06:56 PM
shywon

this week she is getting ready to solo on the show
saturday 8pm est wings learning to fly

Old December 24th 03, 02:34 AM
Mateo

Dave Butler wrote:

I've forgotten who the instructor is, but the quality of instruction is
excellent, IMO. I took some notes from his techniques in case I ever
become an instructor. The instruction all takes place at one of our
favorite airports, OSH.

The instructor's name is Dave Lammers. It takes place at OSH since it's
an EAA production (the director is the student's husband). Every so
often, you can see the colored dots on the runway.

Old December 24th 03, 03:33 AM
Newps

What I really want out of this deal is a copy of the 337 to install that
camera on the tail looking forward.

Old December 24th 03, 05:02 PM
Robert M. Gary

Newps wrote in message news:AO7Gb.440547$Dw6.1344592@attbi_s02...
What I really want out of this deal is a copy of the 337 to install that
camera on the tail looking forward.

Maybe they were just following really close.
Old December 24th 03, 08:08 PM
HighFlyer

I was watching the show during its first run (currently in reruns).

The student made it to her solo flight in the pattern before the show went
into reruns.

I hope they continue on for the rest of the journey.