flight sotware for iphone?

Old May 31st 16, 12:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HGXC[_4_]

Default flight sotware for iphone?

I may need a backup soaring program. I'm having trouble with my Oudie. Is there a flight software out there that I can download on my iphone?

Dennis
Old May 31st 16, 01:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean[_2_]

iGlide. It is excellent.
Old May 31st 16, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 4:34:09 AM UTC-7, HGXC wrote:
I may need a backup soaring program. I'm having trouble with my Oudie. Is there a flight software out there that I can download on my iphone?

Dennis

iGlide. If you have a 6 or later, it will also use the built in barometer giving you pressure altitude. It works well enough you wonder why you have any other instruments.
Old May 31st 16, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 9:53:24 AM UTC-5, jfitch wrote:
On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 4:34:09 AM UTC-7, HGXC wrote:
I may need a backup soaring program. I'm having trouble with my Oudie. Is there a flight software out there that I can download on my iphone?

Dennis

iGlide. If you have a 6 or later, it will also use the built in barometer giving you pressure altitude. It works well enough you wonder why you have any other instruments.

How badly does it eat up data?
Old May 31st 16, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Once flying it's self contained. No need for a data connection.

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 8:22:05 AM UTC-7, wrote:

How badly does it eat up data?

Old May 31st 16, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 12:03:09 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Once flying it's self contained. No need for a data connection.

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 8:22:05 AM UTC-7, wrote:

How badly does it eat up data?

Any negatives from users? Have been looking at it for awhile. THough not IGC verified it seems to be about on par with Oudie
Old May 31st 16, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 11:30:59 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 12:03:09 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Once flying it's self contained. No need for a data connection.

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 8:22:05 AM UTC-7, wrote:

How badly does it eat up data?

Any negatives from users? Have been looking at it for awhile. THough not IGC verified it seems to be about on par with Oudie

It's personal preference, but I would put it head and shoulders above Oudie. Approximately a 30 year advance in UI by comparison. If you like a TTY, then Oudie is for you.
Old May 31st 16, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey[_2_]

Any negatives from users? Have been looking at it for awhile. THough not IGC verified it seems to be about on par with Oudie

I've used mine about a dozen times now. Several people told me that the GPS in the iPhone was not accurate enough. Well my first few flights had me taking off about 50-100' from where I actually did. But that is close enough for navigation but probably not comp turn points. So I got the Bad Elf and the accuracy is spot on. The only thing is iGlide will only go into vertical view and not landscape putting my bad elf connection on the bottom of the iPhone. My knee hit the Bad Elf and broke the connection inside. Bad Elf replace for free and now I slid my iPhone up so I would not hit the bottom of it. I also move the entire mount out of the way when I exit. iGlide is expensive, but very nice and very easy to use. And the iPhone 6Plus S is sunlight readable and is mounted perfect for face timing my wife.
Old June 1st 16, 04:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

There is also winpilot for iPhone/iPad.

Ramy
Old June 1st 16, 12:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers[_2_]

I have the lite version of Iglide, it is cheap ($35 range)

It is perfect for a backup glide computer.

By far the easiest most user friendly UI of anything out there.

This is important if you end up needing it but have not used
it for a while.