Allow me to share today's activities

Old November 16th 03, 08:52 PM
- Barnyard BOb -

"Holger Stephan" wrote:

PS: I don't have anything against stronger language in the mids of a
heated discussion. A while ago I defended BOb's position and attitude in
the auto conversion controversy in the Bearhawk group (didn't do it for
you, BOb, but to argue for the position and motivation). Sometimes it is
just a matter of temperament. But that wealth of bashing here just to
bash, with no connection to any technical discussion, is just pathetic
barking behind the save fence.....

"Bruce A. Frank" dastardly and loudly barked:

BOb's call for "free speech" is code for "any vulgarity, profanity, or
defamation statement is acceptable and how dare you complain about it."
True "free speech," an exchange of ideas and discussion of points of
difference, is not what BOb has espouse for years. BOb's liberal
attitude is that "everyone must be allowed to do or say anything they
want as long as it doesn't contradict my opinions." One cannot expect
such a person to admit of even slightly care about the depth of his
hypocrisy.

Say it again, Holger....
say it again.

Barnyard BOb --
The more people I meet,
the more I love my dog
and George Carlin humor.
Old November 16th 03, 09:09 PM
- Barnyard BOb -

"Holger Stephan" opined:

PS: I don't have anything against stronger language in the mids of a
heated discussion. A while ago I defended BOb's position and attitude in
the auto conversion controversy in the Bearhawk group (didn't do it for
you, BOb, but to argue for the position and motivation). Sometimes it is
just a matter of temperament.

But that wealth of bashing here just to
bash, with no connection to any technical discussion, is just pathetic
barking behind the save fence.....

"Kill the messenger B. Frank" dastardly and loudly barked:

BOb's call for "free speech" is code for "any vulgarity, profanity, or
defamation statement is acceptable and how dare you complain about it."
True "free speech," an exchange of ideas and discussion of points of
difference, is not what BOb has espouse for years. BOb's liberal
attitude is that "everyone must be allowed to do or say anything they
want as long as it doesn't contradict my opinions." One cannot expect
such a person to admit of even slightly care about the depth of his
hypocrisy.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Say it again, Holger....
say it again.

Barnyard BOb --
The more people I meet,
the more I love my dog
and George Carlin humor.

Old November 16th 03, 09:24 PM
Holger Stephan

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 14:52:23 +0000, - Barnyard BOb - wrote:
"Bruce A. Frank" dastardly and loudly barked:

I think you hurt and disappointed Bruce who says he regarded you as a
friend for many years. Bruce has never been a barker elsewhere (AFAIK).
Can't you two just meet or pick up the phone and talk it out?

- Holger
Old November 16th 03, 10:33 PM
- Barnyard BOb -

"Holger Stephan" wrote:

in imposition of wills situations I still think that the sagest advise
came from W.C.Fields the comedian. "never argue with a fool."

Education for how to deal with fools in real life? Is this what we need
RAH for?

We've seen the accident rates Ron Wanttaja posted. Whatever the causes
are, building and flying experimental planes is taking a high toll on our
group. You may say that is Darwin at work, purging us from the idiots. But
there are almost always families involved, and it makes a bad impression
on those who have little interest in keeping the skies open for idiots.
And it makes finding adequate insurance a challenge.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You have hit on something solid, Holger.

As a messenger, I've faced everything that
I've ever been accused of and MORE.
Bruce Frank's personal attack on me is just
the latest derision to "kill the messenger".

What is sad, he could use what I have to share
more than anyone else here that I know.
Perhaps, it's time for me to heed W.C. Fields
advice more than anyone... or be the bigger fool.
When/if I do, the loss will not be mine.

If I screw the pooch tomorrow, my safety record
speaks for itself and I'm rewarded with insurance
rates that reflect my record. Let the challengers
do their thing until there is nothing left but widows,
orphans and self insurance. I've lived a safe and
sane approach and delivered the information, but
apparently my recommendations are too expensive
for the tastes of the omniscient wannabee herd.

TOO EXPENSIVE?
I'm sure weeping widows, orphans and aviation
insurance companies can hardly wait to enjoy
the cost savings.

Barnyard BOb -- over 50 years of successful flight
Old November 16th 03, 11:06 PM
- Barnyard BOb -

"Bruce A. Frank" dastardly and loudly barked:

I think you hurt and disappointed Bruce who says he regarded you as a
friend for many years. Bruce has never been a barker elsewhere (AFAIK).
Can't you two just meet or pick up the phone and talk it out?

- Holger

++++++++++++++++++++++

Hurt is a two way street.

Perhaps you have not absorbed some of his most cutting public remarks.
This has been brewing for some time. I now realize what he thinks of
me and so does the rest of the world.... and vice versa. Most know
the difference between friends and loose lipped acquaintances
airing dirty laundry on the net.

I appreciate your attempt at peacemaker, tho.
Thanks,

Robert R. Urban aka Barnyard BOb aka Unka BOb

Old November 17th 03, 01:30 AM
Morgans

"Bruce A. Frank" wrote in message
BOb's call for "free speech" is code for "any vulgarity, profanity, or
defamation statement is acceptable and how dare you complain about it."
True "free speech," an exchange of ideas and discussion of points of
difference, is not what BOb has espouse for years. BOb's liberal
attitude is that "everyone must be allowed to do or say anything they
want as long as it doesn't contradict my opinions." One cannot expect
such a person to admit of even slightly care about the depth of his
hypocrisy.

Bruce A. Frank

I gotta think you are off base on this call. Never have I heard BOb say
that you should not post your opinion. He is very set, and perhaps stubborn
in his views, and sometimes gets a bit obnoxious and overbearing, and tells
people that their views and opinions are full of sh*t, but he never has
tried to censor anyone.

Add to that, the fact that he is just plain wrong about auto conversions,
........., g
--
Jim in NC

Old November 17th 03, 02:57 PM
Peter Dohm

The original works OK with Netscape 4.61 and IE 6.0
but yours is much more user friendly!

Peter

Frederick Wilson wrote:

Just for you Jerry

http://home.insightbb.com/~fawilson/

"Jerry Wass" wrote in message
Weeell, I'd lak to see dem pitchers, but I'se gots Nutscrape 4.8 "N I don
Hahyou,
'n I gess I don gits to see 'em--I tried punchin anything that looked like

button...

Frederick Wilson wrote:

Something about freedom to do so.

"karel adams" wrote in message
could anyone enlighten me
as to what this has to do
with homebuilt aircraft?

"Frederick Wilson" schreef in bericht
Today was a good day at my airfield. Please visit the link below and
see the
Army's Finest training to protect our freedoms.

This was at Camp Atterbury, IN (11II).

Please let me know what you think.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/frederick_a

Thank you,