Reporting abuse of gmail to Google by you-know-who

Old January 1st 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Reporting abuse of gmail to Google by you-know-who

MI5 has crossed the line, now that he is deliberately attempting to
evade people's filters against his postings. Since he appears to be
using gmail, I reported about 6 of today's postings to Google, with this
message:

"This poster cross-posts multiple messages this newsgroup that are
entirely outside the group's charter. The sender addresses are all gmail
addresses and varied from day to day, so filtering based on address is
very difficult. The subject always contains "MI5 Persecution", but with
periods, commas, apostrophes, and hyphens that make filtering by subject
very difficult. The subject line also contains a different subject in
each posting, each day."

I don't know that he is actually using gmail, but I thought I'd report
him today, just in case it helps. If you want to report him, here's how:

The abuse is reported by viewing the rec.aviation.soaring messages using
Google groups:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...s?lnk=lr&hl=en

Click on the message, click on "More options", click "Report this
message", select the "Type of abuse" (I used "Other"), fill in the
message box, then click "Report abuse".

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
* "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org
Old January 1st 08, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
fcnorton

On Jan 1, 9:44*am, Eric Greenwell wrote:
[...]

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" atwww.motorglider.org

I reported all 16 messages that I found. Thanks for taking the
initiative.

FC Norton
Old January 1st 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
raulb

I tried complaining recently but all that happened was that I seem to
have lost my ability to complain. When I hit :Show Options" all I get
now are two options allowing me to expand the post or to view his
profile (there is none). Somebody needs to do something about this
idiot. Maybe MI-5 should do more than persecute him--they need to
send the white coat boys after him.

Old January 1st 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
raulb

BTW, in case you haven't noticed, he uses a different email address on
every post, so he would have to be be complained about numerous times
per episode.

Old January 1st 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams

AFAIK, none of these postings have appeared on glider
pilot net. I have yet to see one.

On Jan 1, 10:12=A0am, fcnorton wrote:
On Jan 1, 9:44=A0am, Eric Greenwell wrote:

[...]

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a.../topics?lnk=3D
lr&hl=3D=

en

Click on the message, click on 'More options', click
message', select the 'Type of abuse' (I used 'Other'),
fill in the
message box, then click 'Report abuse'.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
* Change 'netto' to 'net' to email me directly
* 'Transponders in Sailplanes'http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* 'A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation'
atwww.motorglider.org

I reported all 16 messages that I found. =A0Thanks
for taking the
initiative.

FC Norton

Old January 1st 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ken Kochanski (KK)

On Jan 1, 12:44 pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
[...]

Thanks ... I reported a half-dozen messages today - and also did on
prior postings in the past. I would like to think that the Google
admins recognize this as abuse and have taken action - but wonder if
he is constantly shape-changing to avoid both user and Google filters/
controls. KK
Old January 1st 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
chris

On Jan 1, 12:44 pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
MI5 has crossed the line,

Agreed, I've been reporting some too
Old January 1st 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

raulb wrote:
I tried complaining recently but all that happened was that I seem to
have lost my ability to complain. When I hit :Show Options" all I get
now are two options allowing me to expand the post or to view his
profile (there is none). Somebody needs to do something about this
idiot. Maybe MI-5 should do more than persecute him--they need to
send the white coat boys after him.

About report #6, I got a window saying I needed to prove I wasn't
automated by typing in letters and numbers from a hard-to-read image.
After that, I was able to continue the reports.

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org
Old January 2nd 08, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
chipsoars

On Jan 1, 6:16*pm, chris wrote:
On Jan 1, 12:44 pm, Eric Greenwell wrote: MI5 has crossed the line,

Agreed, I've been reporting some too

This individual cross posts on other news groups like bicyles.tech
and .misc using different email extensions (where there is a .hotmail
and .lycos addresses respectively) . I hope there is a way to
eliminate these sporadic idiotic rantings.

Chip F.

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org

Appears to be using Gmail, he just has a gmail reply addresses.
Depending on how the news service provider sets up their accounts
people might well be able to enter any reply address. The few messages
I bothered to look at came from Altopia.com, a news access service.

If reporting this to Google makes you feel better then do it, but it
unlikely it will have any effect on this moron. If you want to
complain somewhere directly complain to the service provider where
this crap originated. Look at the header information carefully to see
where it comes from (even Google Groups can show that). If there are
holes in account management at Altopia then maybe somebody from Google
will complain to them. Better news service providers should catch
rampant cross postings like this anyhow and at least close the gate
after the horse has bolted.

Darryl