Becker radio repair

Old August 23rd 05, 01:27 AM
Steve Leonard

Default Becker radio repair

Might want to wire up for and try a hand mic before
you ship your radio off, Ted. I have heard of several
people (My Dad, for one) that have had boom mics go
bad. Works fine with the hand mic, and worked fine
when a new boom mic was installed.

Steve Leonard

Old August 23rd 05, 01:43 AM

Thanks Steve, but I would have no clue how to wire it with a hand mic.
There's a large "D" connector on the back of the radio, and no plug on
the front for mic or headset. I don't have the manual for the radio,
and couldn't find any on their web page ...

Old August 23rd 05, 02:25 AM
Rex

Most hand microphones are carbon of electrec mics. The typical
gooseneck mic installed in sailplanes are dynamic mics. So if you were
to wire in a hand mic you may also have to configure the radio.

Best way to test the radio is to remove it and install a friend's
identical unit in your glider to test the installation.

My guess is that the Dynamic mic is bad. They go bad for no apparent
reason. I have had Dynamic mics fail in the first year and I have seem
then work reliably for 15 years.

I have replacement dynamic mics in stock. The replacement is not a
difficult task if you are a little handy with a soldering iron.

Rex
Williams Soaring Center
530 473 5600

wrote:
Thanks Steve, but I would have no clue how to wire it with a hand mic.
There's a large "D" connector on the back of the radio, and no plug on
the front for mic or headset. I don't have the manual for the radio,
and couldn't find any on their web page ...

Becker radio repair [email protected] Soaring 7 March 10th 10 03:14 PM
Dittel Radio Repair [email protected] Soaring 4 July 22nd 05 12:02 PM
I Hate Radios Ron Wanttaja Home Built 9 June 6th 05 05:39 PM
Calibrate? Repair? Adjust? RST Engineering Owning 3 April 4th 05 01:41 PM
Becker Radio battery John Giddy Soaring 3 October 20th 04 07:52 PM