FS2002 Compass Anomaly - PLEASE HELP

Old January 13th 04, 11:20 PM
GM EWA

Default FS2002 Compass Anomaly - PLEASE HELP

This is a repost from December 29 to the microsoft.public.simulators
newsgroup. I really need help on this one, please. I've not been able to
solve the problem and haven't got a clue what would have caused it - corrupt
file? Please note I don't have gyro drift active in the FS2002 realism
settings. Oh, and disabling any recently installed scenery in the
scenery.cfg file made no difference, so it must be a file in a generic
location like the root sceney or scenedb folder that's causing it.

Can you tell me which FS2002 file(s) the magnetic compass and DG get their
information from. Is there a primary bgl file that gives global magnetic
north/south information that might have been corrupted? If I can narrow it
down to that and put the original back into FS2002 it just might solve the
problem which in summary is that the compass and consequently DG read 35
degrees east (right) of what they should in both hemispheres.

Arriving at EGLL a week or so ago, Heathrow Approach actually made allowance
for the error and gave me adjusted headings which was a big help but, as you
can imagine, in a high workload approach situation adding 35 degrees to any
heading tests the old grey matter which at the best of times is
arithmetically challenged ;-) Anyway, here's the original post ...

----------
For the second time in as many months I've got a situation in FS2002 that's
really got me stumped. My magnetic compass is indicating 30-35 degrees right
of what it should. This translates to trouble with the HSI indication also.

I noticed its recurrence this morning after several weeks of normal FS2002
performance. Only difference was the installation of some add-on scenery but
they were for areas in Asia and the U.S. and this mornings flights were in
Australian airspace.

Has anyone experienced this/know of the problem and its cause/fix?

Andrew Watson

---

Vertical Card Compass Mystery Rosspilot Owning 3 November 3rd 04 06:01 PM
Do you use your magnetic compass? Roger Long Piloting 42 May 25th 04 12:08 PM
Strange compass behavior me Owning 10 February 14th 04 04:24 AM
Help needed - fs2004 zaps fs2002 props Ian D Simulators 1 September 11th 03 10:20 PM
Compass turning error Marty Ross Piloting 3 August 21st 03 02:53 PM