Thunderbird crash 2003 footage

Old January 27th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Thunderbird crash 2003 footage

Does anybody know the person who owns the footage of the Thunderbird
crash footage from 2003?

Old January 27th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Does anybody know the person who owns the footage of the Thunderbird
crash footage from 2003?

Let me expand on Brent's question a bit. He called me today at the
inn, inquiring as to the owner of this video. He is working on a TV
show for the Learning Channel, and simply can't use the widely-seen
footage of the T-Bird coming out of the loop too low (and ejecting at
the last second) without knowing WHO took the video.

I recommended he post his question both here, and over on the military
newsgroup.

This video, taken from inside the cockpit, obviously came from the Air
Force.

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...s/TBeject.mpeg

This video (the one in question) was taken from OUTSIDE the cockpit,
and had to have come from someone.

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...deos/tbird.wmv

Does anyone know who?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 27th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

brent.henderson wrote:

Does anybody know the person who owns the footage of the Thunderbird
crash footage from 2003?

Which footage?

The footage from inside the cockpit is from US Government equipment and is
public domain (at least as far as I've been able to determine). There is a
very impressive frontal still shot immediately after the ejection that was
expertly captured by Bennie Davis III.

Copyrights of any exterior video would be owned by the respective
videographer - which is why the question of "which footage" is important.

--
John T
http://sage1solutions.com/TknoFlyer

Old January 27th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Hey guys,
thanks for your help. So I can technically use the cockpit camera
without having to get it released??

I think the wide shot from the ground tells the story the best and it
would be helpful to find the owner of that footage.
thanks

Old January 27th 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"brent.henderson" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey guys,
thanks for your help. So I can technically use the cockpit camera
without having to get it released??

Probably, but a phone call to the TBirds staff at Nellis wouldn't hurt. In
any event, it would be nice to put a courtesy in the credits.

I think the wide shot from the ground tells the story the best and it
would be helpful to find the owner of that footage.
thanks

TBirds Pub Aff might be able to tell you since either they themselves wanted
it too and/or it was offered to them for investigative purposes. And
definately give credit to the shooter (but you knew that 'cause otherwise,
why look for him/her?)

Good luck with your production...

Jay B
(Also in "the biz")

Old January 27th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Is the TBirds Public affairs actually apart of the air force? I called
the pentagon and they won't discuss the matter. I just don't know who
is the best person to speak to.

Old January 27th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("brent.henderson" wrote)
Is the TBirds Public affairs actually apart of the air force? I called
the pentagon and they won't discuss the matter. I just don't know who is
the best person to speak to.

http://www.nellis.af.mil/thunderbirds/index.htm

Any help?

Montblack

Old January 27th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Hi Jay,

Have him contact KTVB news channel 7 in Boise Idaho, they have great
footage of the crash from outside the plane and he can probably arrange
a deal with them.

www.ktvb.com

Dean Wilkinson
Boise Idaho

Old January 27th 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Thanks guys. I've gotten some good leads from all of you. I think
that ktvb has a lot of coverage. Hopefully they can sell it to me.
Thanks for the help

Old January 28th 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 27 Jan 2006 12:36:54 -0800, "brent.henderson"
wrote in .com:

Is the TBirds Public affairs actually apart of the air force? I called
the pentagon and they won't discuss the matter. I just don't know who
is the best person to speak to.

Someone else gave you a link to their website.

I heard that the videographer was part of their team and
that the video came from the control tower. That jet was
heading in the videographer's direction when the pilot ejected.
Nerves of steel. He or she deserves all the credit you can
give them.

Marty