Passed my IFR checkride today.

Old January 22nd 04, 04:38 AM

Default Passed my IFR checkride today.

Thanks to all on this group who have answered various
questions over the last five months.

I passed my instrument checkride today!

My last checkride (other than BFR's) was in 1983.

I was very nervous screwed up the first manouver and after that all went well.

I now have a license to learn.

In my training I have about 4 or 5 hours actual, not very much.

Any advice for a new instrument pilot would be welcome.

I live in So Cal, so I'm not currently worrying through the nasty weather on the east coast

Paul

Old January 22nd 04, 05:36 AM
Larry Fransson

On 2004-01-21 20:38:17 -0800, said:

Any advice for a new instrument pilot would be welcome.

Don't do anything I wouldn't do!

--
Larry Fransson
Seattle, WA

Old January 22nd 04, 05:52 PM

Way to go! Any advice or best lesson learned for someone still working on
it??

Brendan

1)Study hard for your oral, I did really well in my oral and that set the expectations for the rest of the flight.

2)If there is any part of the checkride that you don't feel 100% comfortable about go out and pratice that skill.
Old February 8th 04, 07:04 AM
S. Sherman

Me too! Congrats Paul. I'm the guy who was supposed to take the
test the same day as you. Our plane broke down and we had to
reschedule. Looks like Anthony got us both through Pappas' test with
flying colors (no pun intended).

It's two weeks later and I've just shot my first approaches since the
checkride. Nice to have the rating!

-Stacy