V12 merlin

Old February 10th 04, 09:23 PM
fana

Default V12 merlin

good evening
is someone know the price for an engine merlin V12 rolls royce?

thanks
Old February 11th 04, 02:12 AM
Steve

Depending on the condition, you're looking at probably $30,000 for a
complete static display on upwards of $500,000 for a fully functional
ebgine.
om...

Old February 11th 04, 04:25 AM
Robert Bates

Last I heard the dash numbers used in P-51s ran about $70,000 for a rebuilt
engine and a P-51 prop was about $50,000.

My question: Is there such a thing as an orphan version of the Merlin as
there are with other engines?

Old February 11th 04, 12:39 PM
The Raven

"Robert Bates" wrote in message
Last I heard the dash numbers used in P-51s ran about $70,000 for a

rebuilt
engine and a P-51 prop was about $50,000.

My question: Is there such a thing as an orphan version of the Merlin as
there are with other engines?

I've been trying to sort that out. Apparently Rover did Meteor engines for
Centurion tanks. It's a derivative of the Merlin but without the blower.

I know of one in Canada if you're interested.

--
The Raven
http://www.80scartoons.co.uk/batfinkquote.mp3

Old February 11th 04, 05:54 PM
Chuck Harris

Weren't there 3, V12 Packards in the PT boats? I think they were
not based on the Merlin, but certainly were similar in size and
performance.

The memory is very vague.

-Chuck Harris

Old February 12th 04, 01:10 PM
The Raven

"Chuck Harris" wrote in message
Weren't there 3, V12 Packards in the PT boats? I think they were
not based on the Merlin, but certainly were similar in size and
performance.

The memory is very vague.

-Chuck Harris

I think they were Chrysler engines. I know that Chrysler did a lot of
coupled engined arrangements. A 5 engine tank comes to mind.

Old February 11th 04, 06:32 AM
Bela P. Havasreti

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:12:23 -0500, "Steve"
wrote:

I'm thinkning roughly half that ($15K or so) for a static example
(especially the early dash numbers, -1, -3, etc.) and $50K+ for an
airworthy example of a later dash number (-7 or -9).

Reminds me of the joke that goes "How much money will it take
to restore a "whatchamacallit-1"?

Answer: All of it!

Bela P. Havasreti

Depending on the condition, you're looking at probably $30,000 for a
complete static display on upwards of $500,000 for a fully functional
ebgine.
. com...